Destiny 2: Solstice Of Heroes Returns With Epic New Rewards (VIDEO)
It’s a “tradition among Guardians” to celebrate their victories and reflect on the losses that led them to the present. It’s a chance to celebrate the community’s resilience and, of course, get some epic gear and rewards. Marking the return of the Solstice of Heroes event, Destiny 2 reveals the changes they’ve made to make the festivities bigger and better. Check out the introductory trailer below:
Nearly an entire month of festivities from July 30th to August 27th, the Destiny 2 community will experience a variety of new twists and challenges. There’s so much to tell, it would be too cluttered to list them all here. You know what there will be? Powerful buffs, armor glows sets, new cosmetics, and emotes. All the most exciting parts, we’ve got below:
Become More Powerful
Let the energy of this community flow! Each day, the event will feature one of the three elements: Solar, Arc, and Void. Elemental kills will award you with Elemental Orbs. Picking up these orbs will let you complete objectives to upgrade your armor. You can create whatever orbs you need for the objectives you are working to achieve. You can also collect 30 orbs that match the daily element to apply an elemental buff for a brief time.
- Solar Elemental Buff
- Equip your Solar subclass and weapons to generate Solar orbs. Then, collect them to wield their Solar elemental power. While empowered, Guardians emit a burning wave of energy that damages anything around them.
- Void Elemental Buff
- Equip your Void subclass and weapons to generate Void orbs. Then, collect them to wield their Void elemental power. Crouch while empowered to become invisible and gain Truesight plus enhanced ability regeneration.
- Arc Elemental Buff
- Equip your Arc subclass and weapons to generate Arc orbs. Then, collect them to wield their Arc elemental power. While empowered, Guardians move with enhanced speed and deal greater melee and Sword damage.
Eva and Ikora have created a new ritual for you to hone your skills and take full advantage of the new elemental buffs. You will be going to an entirely new area called the European Aerial Zone (EAZ) to take on Hive, Cabal, or Fallen enemies. This is a new 3-player matchmade activity that can be launched from the Tower or the Director.
To top it all off, there will be solstice reward packages that can include rare and legendary gear, enhancement cores, and various materials that Guardians can open with Solstice Key Fragments. The fragments are earned by completing activities throughout the duration of the event. Now, if you’re up for the challenge, Guardians can even get the EV-37 Voidstreak Sparrow. For more information on that front, check out the official Destiny 2 blog here.
Are you excited to see what else Bungie has in store for Guardians? What do you think of the epic new gears and extras arriving with the return of the Solstice of Heroes event? Let us know what you think in the comments section below or start a conversation on Don’t Feed the Gamers Facebook page. To stay up to date on gaming and entertainment news as it happens, follow us on Twitter! Here are some of our latest:
- Watch The Witcher Netflix Series SDCC Panel Right Here (VIDEO)
- Greenlit Content SDCC 2019 Charity Livestream Drew 750,000 Viewers (VIDEO)
- Every Cyberpunk 2077 Player Gets “Exactly the Same In-Game Content,” No Exclusivity
Destiny 2 is available to play on PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4.
Hoi Duong2131 Posts
Hoi is an elusive figure at DFTG, whose favorite past-times include chillin' in the Fade, reading manga, watching anime, collecting novelty items, and gaming.