For those itching to get their hands on the latest map for the hit Blizzard FPS Overwatch, the wait is over! Sort of. Blizzard World, the expansive map that is an epic homage to other popular Blizzard franchises such as StarCraft, Diablo, and Warcraft, is now live in the game’s Public Test Realm (PTR).
If you missed the initial announcement, you can check out the video below to try to catch all of the hidden (and not so hidden) Easter Eggs nestled within the newest Overwatch map. Perfect timing too as the newest hero, Moira, has just went live off of PTR and into the main game. Check out the debut trailer for Blizzard World in the trailer and check out how the hodgepodge of epicness plays out for yourself:
“An amusement park celebrating the universes of Warcraft, StarCraft, andDiablo, Blizzard World is a brand-new hybrid Assault/Escort map,” Blizzard said in the patch notes. “Charge the gates of Stormwind, sneak through the Nexus Experience, and guide the payload through areas filled with high ground, flanking routes, and environmental hazards. Grab some Blizzard-inspired snacks at the concession stand along the way!”
A new map isn’t the only update to hit with the latest patch for PTR. Below are the official patch notes live now, as per Blizzard.
- Fixed an issue that caused the arcade card for Limited Duel and Mystery Duel to not list all currently disabled characters
- Fixed an issue that prevented certain sound effects from playing when navigating the Options menu with a controller
- Fixed a visual bug that caused Ana’s Biotic Rifle ammo clip to detach when her Captain Amari skin was equipped
- Fixed a bug that caused Doomfist’s Seismic Slam to create performance drops when repeatedly used with no cooldown
- Fixed a bug that prevented Mei’s Cryo-freeze from clearing the healing debuff caused by Ana’s Biotic Grenade
- Fixed a visual bug with Moira’s Biotic Orb that sometimes caused Biotic Grasp’s healing spray effects to display instead
- Fixed a bug that prevented Moira from being able to pass through enemies when using Fade
- Fixed a bug that caused Moira’s eyelashes to detach from her face during her Heroic highlight intro
- Fixed a visual issue with Moira’s Oasis skin that caused her knees to clip through her knee guards while crouched
- Fixed a bug that caused Reaper’s shotguns to animate incorrectly when discarded on the ground
- Fixed an issue that prevented highlights captured by Zenyatta players from recording correctly when the Cultist skin was equipped
- Fixed a bug that caused a performance drop when players shot at the gold coin piles in the last Defender spawn of Junkertown
Don’t forget to become a part of our other great online communities such as our Discord
and Facebook pages
, as well as our Twitter
to stay in the loop for all things gaming news and entertainment!