New Apex Legends Update Significantly Buffs Revenant
Apex Legends has had a considerably busy month so far. Earlier this week, developer Respawn Entertainment spoke openly about the team’s desire to see crossplay come to the popular battle royale game at some point in the future. Between that and the new Bloodhound event releasing today, fans have plenty to be excited for, which is particularly helpful given the ongoing pandemic. Now, Respawn Entertainment has announced the details of today’s upcoming Apex Legends update, which sees Revenant getting a significant buff to its abilities.
In this special WFH edition of the Devstream, we discuss updates coming with today’s patch, including:
🔸 The new Bloodhound Town Takeover
🔸 Rotating maps and Duos
🔸 Revenant buffs and more
— Apex Legends (@PlayApex) April 7, 2020
Respawn Entertainment took to Twitter in a recent Devstream to break down what fans can look forward to in the new Bloodhound Town Takeover event. In addition to the announcement of rotating maps and the permanent return of Duos – the latter of which was previously confirmed – the team also released patch notes that reveal some serious buffs to Revenant, as well as a few changes to both Wraith and Lifeline. Here’s the breakdown:
- Increased duration of status effect from 10s -> 20s
- Silence now disables Gibraltar’s Gun Shield.
- Increased the duration of area of effect from 5s -> 10s
- Silence has 2 charges now
- Death Totem
- Characters are now respawned with 50 health (or whatever health they had when they activated it, if lower) instead of 1
Removed Low Profile
- New secondary passive: Lifeline can access secret compartments with more loot on Blue Bins.
- Blue bins are found randomly replacing ordinary bins. These rare bins will have a secondary compartment that only Lifeline can open.
- The secondary compartment will always contain some mixture of health items, weapon attachments and knockdown shields.
- Portals will now disappear after four seconds if both ends are outside the Circle. This change was made to combat players exploiting the Portal to avoid taking damage outside the Ring.
The rest of the patch notes – which include various weapon balance changes – can be found right here.
So, thoughts on the Revenant buffs? Let us know in the comments section below, and as always, stay tuned to Don’t Feed the Gamers for all the latest gaming and entertainment news! Don’t forget to follow DFTG on Twitter for our 24/7 news feed!
If you enjoy this writer’s work, please consider supporting them by tossing a KoFi their way! Every little bit helps and aims to keep DFTG independent and free of bias. Thank you so much for your support! Ryan ‘Cinna’ Carrier @ KoFi
Ryan "Cinna" Carrier2367 Posts
Ryan is a writer and the head editor for Don't Feed the Gamers. When he isn't writing, Ryan is likely considering yet another playthrough of Final Fantasy IX. He's also the DFTG cinnamon bun.