Overwatch “Surprise” Teased By Jeff Kaplan, Balance Changes Inbound
Overwatch is quite the popular FPS from Blizzard Entertainment, but some fans feel like the game might be slipping. This has prompted many to take to the title’s forums to plead with the developers to do anything they can to help.
That said, a recent comment from one player elicited a response from game director Jeff Kaplan himself. When that user said “Devs, do something! the game is dying,” Kaplan made sure to let them know that changes are inbound, especially when it comes to balance.
“We worked on a balance patch this week,” the director said. “We’re hoping to put that patch on the PTR next week. The last time I said that, it was late and everyone flipped out. So please, don’t flip out if things slip … they often do.”
However, Kaplan didn’t leave it at that. He teased fans, saying “Also, there’s another cool little surprise coming next week. Excited!” Now, what could that surprise be? We just got a new hero with Ashe and her delightful partner in crime B.O.B., so it might be a little soon for another character reveal. Then again, with six entirely new combatants in the pipeline, maybe we will get a glimpse of number 30 in the near future.
Of course, nothing is set in stone, and we no idea what “surprise” the Overwatch team is cooking up for fans. There is a good chance, however, that it has something to do with what Kaplan mentioned last month on the forum. In response to a player who claimed not to like developer silence, the director offered his apologies as well as a look at what is going on behind the scenes. This is the rough sample he provided:
- top secret stuff i’m not allowed to talk about
- hero balance (i actually think we’re in a better spot than these forums will have you believe)
- quality of life features (UI updates etc)
- new hero prototyping and development
- new game mode prototyping (don’t expect to see these soon)
- feature development
- ongoing event support (skins etc.)
- more top secret stuff i’m not allowed to talk about
- top secret stuff i’m not supposed to talk about
Whatever the surprise is, we shall find out soon enough. In the meantime, Overwatch is available on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. Keep it tuned to Don’t Feed the Gamers as this story develops, and for other gaming goodness going on right now, check out the following:
- The Last Of Us: Part II Multiplayer Will Include Character Customization, Purchasable Cosmetics
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: Even More DLC Fighters Leaked
- Beyond Skyrim Heads Back to Morrowind With New ‘The New North’ Mod Trailer (VIDEO)
What say you, gamers? Are you prepared for whatever the Overwatch devs intend on revealing? What do you think it is? Sound off in the comments section below, and be sure to follow DFTG on Twitter for live gaming and entertainment news 24/7!
Eric Garrett1662 Posts
Eric is an editor and writer for Don't Feed the Gamers. When he is not staring at a computer screen filled with text, he is usually staring at a computer screen filled with controllable animations. Today's youth call this gaming. He also likes to shoot things. With a camera, of course.