Animal Crossing: New Horizons Update Restricts Time Travel
Animal Crossing: New Horizons Winter update delivers season’s greetings to the islands. In addition to two seasonal events – Turkey Day and Toy Day – the island adventure game offers new contents and features too. There’s one little detail some players might not be so fond of, however, and that’s the restriction they’ve placed on time travel.
For those that don’t know, some players time travel to cut wait times down for various activities in-game. It’s especially useful for people who don’t like waiting hours or days to see the results of the work they put in around their island. However, it looks like with the coming holiday events, Nintendo placed some restrictions on when and how players can do so. Suffice to say, some folks aren’t too happy.
Nintendo still allows people to time travel though. They could’ve easily disabled it forever, but they still kept it. Is it too much to ask to wait a little while for special holidays so that everyone can experience it together? Afterwards you can TT all you want back to it.
— Tracy (@NiteTracy) November 19, 2020
and to think i voted this for game of the year. the game’s not even fully OUT. we’re being spoon fed holidays and we’re burning out. now we can’t even celebrate those holidays early if we’ll be busy those days. some of us would like to decorate with the items to prepare first.
— pastel_guts (@pastel_gutsu) November 19, 2020
Others don’t seem to mind this caveat as not to spoil the new items and features or other Animal Crossing: New Horizons players. Granted, time travel wasn’t completely taken away from the game. It’s only been restricted. According to GameInformer, it looks like specific dates have been blocked out. Aside from that, Nintendo also revealed the patch notes for Animal Crossing: New Horizons’ Winter update. Check it out:
Animal Crossing: New Horizons General Updates
- Two seasonal events, Turkey Day and Toy Day, have been added.
- Residents can visit Resident Services to put in a request to increase the capacity of their home storage.
- Luna can now offer random dream destinations by selecting the “Surprise me” option.
- A new feature for transferring save data between different systems has been added.
- This feature only transfers save data for Animal Crossing: New Horizons. When necessary, please use the Nintendo Switch “Transfer Your User Data” feature as well. Learn more about save data transfer here.
- The following content has also been added:
- Additional Nook Miles redemption items.
- Additional limited-time seasonal items from Nook Shopping.
- Additional DIY recipes that use seasonal materials.
- Additional Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp collaboration item
Thoughts on Nintendo’s Winter update? Are you bummed about the reported restriction to time traveling, or does it offer some relief? Let us know what you think in the comment below or start a conversation on Don’t Feed the Gamers Facebook page. To stay up to date on gaming and entertainment news as it happens, follow us on Twitter! Here are some of our latest:
- Marvel’s Avengers Kate Bishop DLC Arrives Next Month, New Details Revealed (VIDEO)
- Latest Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer Is All About Johnny Silverhand (VIDEO)
- Project 007 Announced By Hitman Developer (VIDEO)
If you enjoy this writer’s work, please consider supporting them by tossing a Ko-fi their way!
Hoi Duong2104 Posts
Hoi is an elusive figure at DFTG, whose favorite past-times include chillin' in the Fade, reading manga, watching anime, collecting novelty items, and gaming.