Xbox Games With Gold Lineup For February 2021 Revealed (VIDEO)
With the end of the current month upon us, an all-new assortment of freebies has been announced for the Micros0ft-branded subscription service Xbox Live Gold. Offering a regularly-occurring collection of four games called Xbox Games With Gold, the next selections for February 2021 have now been revealed, with the announcement giving players an extra game for the new month’s occasion.
Revealed on Xbox Wire, Microsoft-exclusive Gears 5 will be available beginning on the first of the month, alongside the first Resident Evil remake as well as Indiana Jones and the Emperor’s Tomb, with the latter two being especially timely considering the recent RE Showcase and the reveal of Bethesda’s new Indy-focused title. Rounding out the month on February 16th will be platformer Dandara: Trials of Fear Edition as well as action-shooter Lost Planet 2. As a hidden bonus, one game from last month will also be available until February 15th in the form of Dead Rising.
Here’s the availability breakdown for the Xbox Games with Gold titles for February 2021:
- Gears 5 – Feb 1 – Feb 28
- Experience the celebrated campaign and multiplayer, now fully optimized for Xbox Series X|S. With all-out war descending, Kait Diaz breaks away to uncover her connection to the enemy and discovers the true danger to Sera… herself.
- Resident Evil – Feb 1 – Feb 28
- It’s the game that defined the genre. In this remastered version, join the special forces team, S.T.A.R.S., and investigate a mysterious mansion on the outskirts of Raccoon City. Stay alert because supplies are scarce, and the living dead are all around.
- Dandara: Trials of Fear Edition – Feb 16 – Mar 15
- Discover secrets, dangers, and an array of unique characters in the world of Salt. In this metroidvania-style platformer, a heroine arises out of the aether of fear to help a world on the brink of collapse. Featuring stunning handcrafted pixel art and original soundtrack compositions that bring a visual and auditory wonderland to life.
- Indiana Jones and the Emperor’s Tomb – Feb 1 – Feb 15
- It’s time to put on your fedora and help Indy recover one of the most powerful artifacts known to man. In epic, globe-spanning fashion, take on Nazis and the Asian underworld to track down the mysterious Heart of the Dragon before it falls into hostile hands.
- Lost Planet 2 – Feb 16 – Feb 28
- After 10 years removed from the original title, return to the troubled planet torn apart from the ongoing battle for thermal energy. Play four player co-op and customize your character with an arsenal of weapons and vehicles to pilot.
As it’s still January 2021 at the time of writing, it’s worth noting that there’s still little over a week left to take advantage of the current month’s freebies. However, that probably hasn’t been the only Xbox Games with Gold news heard in the last day or so, as Microsoft also recently unveiled plans to increase pricing for Gold subscriptions. In the time since, these plans have been thoroughly dropped, with the promise of free online service for free-to-play titles.
What do you think? Are you loving this month’s assortment of Xbox Games with Gold freebies, or were you a bit put off by the temporary price increase news? Let us know in the comments below and be sure to follow Don’t Feed the Gamers on Twitter and Facebook to be informed of the latest gaming and entertainment news 24 hours a day! For more headlines recently featured on DFTG, check out these next few news stories:
- Diablo 2 Remake Reportedly Happening With Vicarious Visions
- This Avengers: Endgame Life-Size Thanos Bust Is Inevitably Expensive
- Horizon Zero Dawn PC Patch Addresses Numerous Outstanding Issues
If you enjoy this writer’s work, please consider supporting them by tossing a Ko-fi their way! Every little bit helps and aims to keep DFTG independent and free of bias. Thank you so much for your support! Eric Hall @ Ko-fi
Eric Hall2214 Posts
Phone-browsing Wikipedia in one hand and clutching his trusty controller in the other, the legendary Eric Hall spreads his wealth of knowledge as a writer for Don't Feed the Gamers. Be sure to catch his "Throwback Thursday" segment for a nostalgic look at trivia from the past.