Latest Red Dead Online Update Targets Player-Reported Issues
Rockstar continues to make improvements to Red Dead Online’s functionality in order to make it the social experience that fans of the western game have been craving. While a previous update targeted the title’s poor economy, this most recent one remains focused on bug issues.
The most recent update doesn’t bring with it any gameplay changes, instead it focuses fixing bugs and stability alterations. For example, some of the missions players could mosey on through were bugged, rendering them unable to be completed properly and therefore wouldn’t produce the proper rewards .
Title Update 1.04: Today we are rolling out some new fixes to the Red Dead Online Beta to improve stability and address some persistent bugs that have been causing players to be kicked from sessions.
— Rockstar Games (@RockstarGames) December 11, 2018
As far as the Red Dead Online fixes go, below are the full patch notes for what’s been tweaked:
- General stability improvements
- Fixed the issue where players removing an injured horse from the stables without healing it would result in the Scrawny Nag appearing when whistling for their horse
- Fixed an issue where players could not exit the house in the Mission ‘Love and Honor’
- Fixed an issue where players would be unable to load beyond 90% in the Red Dead Online beta unless they entered Story mode first
- Fixed an issue where players could become stuck at a black screen after a Posse leader quit the lobby in the mission ‘Love and Honor’
- Fixed an issue where players could crash to the Xbox Home screen when resuming from a suspended state after connecting to Xbox Live services
- Fixed an issue where players could be kicked from Rockstar game services with error 0x99395004 after completing part 2 of the mission ‘Honor Among Horse Thieves’
For those focused solely on the base game, check out the changes that have been made to Red Dead Redemption 2’s story mode:
- Fixed an issue where the player could become stuck at 90% when loading an autosave made immediately after the mission ‘Country Pursuits’, if it was the only open mission
- Fixed an issue where players could become stuck on loading screen when trying to restart game after completing the mission ‘County Pursuits’
- Fixed an issue where players could become stuck at 90% when loading a save in Chapter 2, if they had set up camp near Horseshoe Overlook after completing ‘The First Shall Be Last’
- Fixed an issue where players could become stuck at 90% when loading after loading an autosave or manual save
- Fixed an issue where players could lose access to all weapons and equipment in their weapon wheel after completing a mission replay in Guarma
Red Dead Redemption 2 is available for Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Are there any changes you’d like to see in a future update? Let us know your thoughts on the latest patch for Red Dead Online and more in the comments section below. As always, don’t forget to follow Don’t Feed the Gamers on Twitter for 24/7 coverage of all things gaming and entertainment.
Chris Calles811 Posts
Known as "Stash" or Yippee Calles. He's a student of everything, avid adrenaline junkie, and creator of random things. When he's not delving into a game, book, or movie - He's out teaching himself new things or taking part in some pretty epic adventures. You can find him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Tumblr.