This Year’s World of Warcraft Lunar Festival Is Officially Underway!
It’s a new year, which means a fresh World of Warcraft Lunar Festival is hot off the presses and ready for players to enjoy. The yearly event is officially underway, and it is just waiting for fans to explore the many camps that are celebrating with fireworks and the sort. “Join in the fun by dressing up in your Lunar Festival finery,” says Blizzard, and let’s get this party started!
Every year the druids of Moonglade hold a celebration of their city’s great triumph over an ancient evil. During the Lunar Festival, citizens of Azeroth have the opportunity to honor their elders by celebrating their sage wisdom, sharing in magnificent feasts…and of course, lighting fireworks.”
Throughout the World of Warcraft Lunar Festival, players will be able to celebrate by traveling to Moonglade or one of the camps in Ironforge, Stormwind, Darnassus, Thunder Bluff, Orgrimmar, or Undercity. Here’s a rundown of what’s going on during the event, per the game’s website:
SEASONAL BOSS: OMEN RETURNS!
The great wolf Omen was once a hero of this world. An embodiment of strength and fortune, Omen fought beside the heroes of the War of the Ancients until he succumbed to demonic magics. Turning against his allies, he raged across Azeroth, leaving death and terror in his wake. Omen was finally defeated in Moonglade, and he now sleeps among the silt of Lake Elune’ara. But each year, at the beginning of the festival, he stirs…
MAIN QUEST LINE
The celebration begins with an introductory quest, The Lunar Festival. The Cenarion Circle has invited all denizens of Azeroth to take part in the celebration of the Lunar Festival. You can learn more about the event by meeting with the Lunar Festival Harbinger.
It wouldn’t be a celebration without fireworks. You’ll be asked to buy some Lunar Fireworks and Cluster Fireworks to launch and complete the quest, Lunar Fireworks.
Once you’ve proven your firework prowess, you’ll receive your Lunar Festival Invitation to travel to Moonglade and speak with Valadar Starsong in Nighthaven. With your invitation at hand, you’ll be able to travel quickly to Moonglade by using the greater moonlight throughout the holiday.
The Lunar Festival currently has 16 achievements and 1 meta-achievement.
- Elune’s Blessing: Complete the Elune’s Blessing quest by defeating Omen.
- Frenzied Firecracker: Shoot off 10 Festival Firecrackers in 30 seconds or less.
- Lunar Festival Finery: Purchase a festive pant suit or festive dress with Coins of Ancestry.
- The Rocket’s Red Glare: Shoot off 10 Red Rocket Clusters in 25 secons or less.
- A Coin of Ancestry
- There are 5 Achievements involving Coins of Ancestry: Receive a Coin of Ancestry, Receive 5 Coins of Ancestry, Receive 10 Coins of Ancestry, Receive 25 Coins of Ancestry, Receive 50 Coins of Ancestry
You can spend your Ancient Coins for various items by visiting vendors Fariel Starsong and Valadar Starsong in Moonglade. Here are just some of the items you can purchase and collect:
- Dragon Head Costume, Dragon Body Costume, Dragon Tail Costume
- Elune’s Lantern
- Everlasting Alliance Firework
- Everlasting Horde Firework
PETS AND PET TOYS
- Pets: Lunar Lantern, Festival Lantern
- Pet Toy: Perky Blaster
ACCESSORIES, HEIRLOOMS ITEMS, SCHEMATIC, PATTERNS
- Heirloom Items: Ancient Heirloom Armor Casing, Timeworn Heirloom Armor Casing
- Schematic: Alliance Firework, Schematic: Horde Firework, Schematic: Snake Firework
- Pattern: Festival Dress, Festival Suit
- Holiday Apparel: Festive Green Dress, Festive Pink Dress, Festive Purple Dress, Festive Black Pant Suit, Festive Blue Pant Suit, Festive Teal Pant Suit
There’s plenty of fun to be had during the World of Warcraft Lunar Festival, but it will only last until March 3. Keep it tuned to Don’t Feed the Gamers as this story develops, and for other gaming news happening right now, check out the following:
- Black Panther Video Game Sought After By Marvel Writer
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 “Perfected” Ultra Instinct Goku DLC Unveiled
- The Last of Us Part II Canine Companions Teased By Director
What say you, gamers? Are you ready to get your celebration on during the World of Warcraft Lunar Festival? Which part of the fun are you most excited about? Sound off in the comments section below, and be sure to follow DFTG on Twitter for live gaming and entertainment news 24/7!
Eric Garrett1027 Posts
Eric is an editor and writer for Don't Feed the Gamers. When he is not staring at a computer screen filled with text, he is usually staring at a computer screen filled with controllable animations. Today's youth call this gaming. He also likes to shoot things. With a camera, of course.