Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 Brujah Full-Blood Clan Revealed (VIDEO)
Even with the anticipated sequel being a long ways off, Vampire: The Masquerade—Bloodlines 2 has been sharing a fair amount of the game’s wares. The upcoming Paradox Interactive title has already confirmed a few release details as well as dropped some lore on the game’s Thinblood clan, but now a new faction gets the spotlight in the form of the rabble-rousing Brujah.
As reads on the Bloodlines 2 website, the Brujah (a.k.a. “The Rabble”) are characterized by their “anonymity and independence,” possessing powers “as overwhelming as their convictions.” The’re a clan that’s notably “never been a large part of the Seattle Kindred community” but are definitely ones to “make their presence known immediately.”
Of the clan’s origins, it’s revealed “many of the Seattle Brujah are leftovers from failed Anarch movements in the past century, most choosing to remain unaffiliated or loosely affiliated with the city’s political factions – or at least, they like to claim that.” In addition, it’s said that Brujah members often gather at a “Bash” which is essentially a “fight club for the undead” where various clans violently duke it out for superiority. A trailer highlighting the group can be viewed below.
Players who join the Rabble can unlock two ancient disciplines that enhance their physical abilities: Potence and Celerity. Potence is the Brujah’s signature discipline and imbues their undead bodies with the pinnacle of raw Kindred strength – nobody underestimates the strength of a Brujah twice. While Potence enhances strength, Celerity enhances a Brujah’s speed, allowing them to strike faster, dodge quicker, and escape more nimbly than any mortal creature.”
A breakdown of these enhanced Brujah abilities can be viewed below:
- Fist of Caine – Deliver a devastating punch that turns walls into rubble and throws enemies through the air. Upgrades to Fist of Cain enhance the devastating effects even further.
- Earthshock – Smash the ground with titanic force, creating a shockwave around the player that damages and knocks down anyone who dares to stray too close. Upgrading Earthshock causes the Brujah’s onslaught to send out fissures, damaging anyone caught in the cataclysm.
- Unseen Storm – Dash in any direction with such speed that you momentarily disappear from view, allowing you to land attacks, dodge around enemies, or get away before the dust has settled. Upgrades further enhance the effects of Unseen Storm.
- Accelerate – Move so fast that everything else in the world appears to slow down to a standstill. Assailants seem frozen in their attacks, cars crawl forward, bullets zip by lazily, and the vampire can perform stunts that, with an 80’s synth track in the background, would make for an awesome movie scene. Upgrades further enhance the effects of Accelerate.
- Of note, the use of Potence or Celerity in front of any mortal is a Masquerade Violation.
- Players who join the Brujah clan can use these disciplines in addition to the individual powers from their Thinblood past.
Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 is set to release sometime in 2020.
What do you think? Are you a fan of the Brujah clan in Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2? Let us know in the comments below and be sure to follow Don’t Feed the Gamers on Twitter and Facebook to be informed of the latest gaming and entertainment news 24 hours a day! For more headlines recently featured on DFTG, check out these next few news stories:
Eric Hall2506 Posts
Phone-browsing Wikipedia in one hand and clutching his trusty controller in the other, the legendary Eric Hall spreads his wealth of knowledge as a writer for Don't Feed the Gamers. Be sure to catch his "Throwback Thursday" segment for a nostalgic look at trivia from the past.