Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 Reveals Tremere Clan (VIDEO)
Earlier in May, Paradox Interactive and Hardsuit Labs revealed the Brujah clan for Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2, a full-blooded force to be reckoned with. Recognized for their independent spirit, they prefer not to affiliate themselves with the socio-political affairs of the Kindred community. Not a week later, the studios reveal yet another vampire clan called the Tremere. Check out the introduction trailer below:
The Tremere clan are often referred to by alternative titles such as blood witches and hermetics. With their power to manipulate the blood within another being, this group is particularly dangerous and adept at gaining an upper hand in combat. Due to their fearsome abilities, Tremere aren’t entirely welcomed with open arms within the Kindred community of Seattle.
“Often referred to as usurpers, hermetics, blood witches, or worse, the other vampire clans share a general distrust of the Tremere. Despite this, the other clans respect the sheer power of the Tremere’s blood magic, turning those willing to offer their services into valued, if uneasy, allies,” reads a press release from Paradox. “Long before Seattle, the Tremere began as occultists who were seeking immortality. Even though they found a way to live forever, the price they paid bound their magic to blood. The origin of their curse is mostly forgotten but continues to color their interactions with other Kindred. The Tremere were not allowed in significant numbers in Seattle – until recently…”
Need more to quench your thirst for knowledge on the Tremere class of Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2? Here’s a list of their abilities:
- Skewer launches a small portion of the vampire’s blood at the feet of their enemies, where it erupts in a patch of razor-sharp spikes. Once they dissolve, a stream of blood flows back to the caster.
Purge allows the vampire to make their victims vomit up blood, damaging them heavily. A stream of blood flows back to the caster.
- Blood Boil – a master of Thaumaturgy may cast Purge for a second time on an affected NPC, causing the blood in their veins to sear. The wretch explodes within moments; bystanders in a large area are damaged. Blood from each victim streams back to the caster.
- Use of Thaumaturgy in front of witnesses is a Masquerade Violation.
- Aura Sense allows the vampire to spot NPCs even through walls, read crowds at a glance, and mark individuals to keep them in their sights over long distances. It also allows the user to spot the weaknesses in a marked NPC’s attack and defense.
- Psychic Projection detaches the vampire’s mind from their body. Untethered, they can explore the area in astral form, remaining free to use Aura Sight to mark any character they spot. Beyond that, the vampire’s mastery of their own senses has grown to such an extent that they can telepathically overwhelm the senses of others for a short while.
What do you think about the clan reveals so far? We’ve got the Thinbloods and Brujah as well. Thoughts? Let us know what you think in the comments section below or start a conversation on Don’t Feed the Gamers Facebook page. To stay up to date on gaming and entertainment news as it happens, follow us on Twitter! Here are some of our latest:
- Elder Scrolls Online Tabletop Adventure Recalled Due To D&D Plagiarism
- Custom Game of Thrones Xbox One Consoles Revealed With New Giveaway (VIDEO)
- Scalebound Dev Reveals Why The Game Was Cancelled
Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 is expected to launch within the first quarter of 2020 for PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4.
Hoi Duong1584 Posts
Hoi is an elusive figure at DFTG, whose favorite past-times include chillin' in the Fade, reading manga, watching anime, collecting novelty items, and gaming.