Valorant Reveals New Infiltrating Duelist – Meet Yoru (VIDEO)
A brand new character joins the fight! As Riot approaches the kick-off of Episode 2, they’re prepared to reveal a nimble contender. In the second animated episode of RETAKE, Riot showcased an action-packed highlight of Valorant’s latest addition – an infiltrator duelist named Yoru. Check him out below:
Episode 2 of Valorant launches January 12th (January 13th for EU), bringing with it a skin pack, battlepass, and none other than the purple-haired agent. The battlepass features twelve new gun skins, melee skin, gun buddies, cards, sprays, and titles. Though they have yet to reveal official gameplay of the upcoming character, Riot did reveal descriptions of Yoru’s abilities. See for yourself:
Valorant – Yoru’s Abilities
- C – FAKEOUT Equip an echo that mimics footsteps when activated. Fire to activate and send the echo forward. Alt fire to place an echo in place. Use the inactive echo to send it forward.
- E – GATECRASH Equip to harness a rift tether. Fire to send the tether out moving forward. Alt fire to place a tether in place. Activate to teleport to the tether’s location.
- Q – BLINDSIDE Equip to rip an unstable dimensional fragment from reality. Fire to throw the fragment, activating a flash that winds up once it collides with a hard surface in world.
- X – DIMENSIONAL DRIFT Equip a mask that can see between dimensions. Fire to drift into Yoru’s dimension, unable to be affected or seen by enemies from the outside.
“The idea of ‘Stealthly Infiltration’ is something we toyed around with for years, but could never fit in the game. We felt that if we started from the ground up, we could create an agent that revolved around the idea of ‘Stealthly Infiltration’ in some way,” Valorant’s John Goscicki said in a press release (via Eurogamer). “With that in mind we also wanted Yoru to be an agent that could create some really high moments throughout the game. The kind of rounds where if you pull everything off correctly you feel like the greatest player ever. The team has been super stoked to get this guy in players’ hands, he is definitely going to cause some disruption within the game.”
What do you think of the latest character to join Valorant? Do you think his abilities will stand a chance with the current roster? Let us know what you think in the comment below or start a conversation on Don’t Feed the Gamers Facebook page. To stay up to date on gaming and entertainment news as it happens, follow us on Twitter! Here are some of our latest:
- League Of Legends Cinematic Reveals New Champion Viego (VIDEO)
- Xbox Console Update Adds New ‘View On Mobile’ App Feature
- Nintendo Execs “Laughed Their Asses Off” When Microsoft Tried To Buy Them
If you enjoy this writer’s work, please consider supporting them by tossing a Ko-fi their way! Every little bit helps and aims to keep DFTG independent and free of bias.
Hoi Duong2131 Posts
Hoi is an elusive figure at DFTG, whose favorite past-times include chillin' in the Fade, reading manga, watching anime, collecting novelty items, and gaming.