League Of Legends Cinematic Reveals New Champion Viego (VIDEO)
Riot Games is kicking off its League of Legends 2021 season the best way it possibly can: by throwing Teemo into a cage. Yeah, I said it. Wild Rift antics aside, the other newly released cinematic reminds us once more that Lucian and Senna aren’t allowed to have nice things, like peace and quiet. This time the 3rd wheel isn’t simply Thresh, with the events of the cinematic trailer revealing the identity of the latest League of Legends champion: Viego, the Ruined King.
That ‘Ruined King’ title is no coincidence, either; those that have played through at least a few League matches have likely come across the Blade of the Ruined King, a purchasable weapon that’s been available in-game for several years now. Despite its position as a Summoner’s Rift staple Viego appears to have full control over the gnarly blade, which he calls forth in his brief battle against Lucian and Senna following the couple’s defiant march into the Black Mist. Check out the full trailer below:
As for Viego’s impending arrival on the League of Legends Summoner’s Rift, his role appears to be that of an Assassin-type Jungler. Here’s his official ability list courtesy of Riot Games:
Passive – Sovereign’s Domination
- Viego can temporarily possess enemy champions he helps kill, healing for a portion of their max health. During possession, Viego’s items, attacks, and non-ultimate abilities become those of his slain enemy’s, and he gains a free cast of his own ultimate, Heartbreaker. While possessing an enemy, Viego also gets bonus movement speed when moving toward enemy champions.
Q – Blade of the Ruined King
- Passive: Viego’s attacks deal a percent of the target’s current health as bonus damage on-hit. When Viego attacks an enemy he recently hit with an ability, the attack strikes twice. The second strike siphons health from the target instead of dealing regular damage, but still applies on-hit effects and can critically strike. This passive is maintained during possession.
Active: Viego stabs forward with his blade, damaging all enemies hit.
W – Spectral Maw
- Viego charges up and then dashes forward, hurling a blast of mist that stuns and damages the first enemy hit. Stun duration and mist range increase with charge time, damage and dash range don’t.
E – Harrowed Path
- Viego spreads a wave of Black Mist around a nearby wall. While in the mist, Viego becomes Camouflaged and gains Attack Speed and Movement Speed.
R – Heartbreaker
- Viego discards any bodies he is currently possessing and teleports forward, attacking the enemy champion in range with the lowest percent health and dealing bonus damage based on their missing health. Other enemies in range are knocked away.
As usual, the new champion will be getting a stint on the PBE before being released in full. As such, given Riot’s track record Viego should be out within about a month’s time.
League of Legends is free-to-play on PC.
So, thoughts on the new League champion? Let us know in the comments section below, and as always, stay tuned to Don’t Feed the Gamers for all the latest gaming and entertainment news! Don’t forget to follow DFTG on Twitter for our 24/7 news feed!
If you enjoy this writer’s work, please consider supporting them by tossing a KoFi their way! Every little bit helps and aims to keep DFTG independent and free of bias. Thank you so much for your support! Ryan ‘Cinna’ Carrier @ KoFi
Ryan "Cinna" Carrier2726 Posts
Ryan is the Lead Editor for Don't Feed the Gamers. When he isn't writing, Ryan is likely considering yet another playthrough of Final Fantasy IX. He's also the DFTG cinnamon bun.