Shadow of the Tomb Raider Launch Date Leaked, Reveal Coming Tomorrow
Many fans have been delighted with the route the Tomb Raider franchise has been going over the past five years. With the series being rebooted in 2013, players were transported back to Lara Croft’s origin story. The sequel to the reboot arrived in 2015 for some, 2016 for others, and now a big blockbuster movie is on the way starring Alicia Vikander. The third entry in the rebooted video game series is approaching, with the Shadow of the Tomb Raider launch date possibly being leaked.
Thanks to an eagle-eyed fan who went searching through the code of the game’s website, the Shadow of the Tomb Raider launch date is tentatively set for September 14, 2018. Twitter user Nibel took to the platform to share their discover, which you can see below:
Shadow Of The Tomb Raider will be launched September 14th, lol pic.twitter.com/EJAiNbVWxH
— Nibel (@Nibellion) March 14, 2018
Speaking of the game’s website, a reveal date was unveiled recently. According to the site, an announcement is coming tomorrow, March 15, 2018 at 6am PDT. There’s a strong possibility that this is when fans will be receiving official word of the Shadow of the Tomb Raider launch date and most likely an accompanying trailer. With the rebooted film set to debut on Friday, March 16, this would be the perfect time to reveal when we can expect the finale of Lara Croft’s origin story.
- Armed with nothing but her survival instincts, Lara has found her way to the mysterious shores of Linux.Tomb Raider explores the intense and gritty origin story of Lara Croft and her ascent from a young woman to a hardened survivor. Armed only with raw instincts and the ability to push beyond the limits of human endurance, Lara must fight to unravel the dark history of a forgotten island to escape its relentless hold. Download the Turning Point trailer to see the beginning of Lara’s epic adventure.
- KEY FEATURES:
- A Turning Point: Experience Lara Croft’s intense origin story from a young woman to a hardened survivor.
- An All-New Raiding Experience: Explore a mysterious island filled with environmental puzzles, visceral combat, and tombs to discover.
- Fight to Live: Salvage resources, gain experience, and upgrade Lara’s weapons and tools to survive the island’s hostile inhabitants.
- Survive as a Team: Play a variety of multiplayer modes as Lara’s Shipmates or Yamatai’s Scavengers.
Rise of the Tomb Raider
- Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration includes the base game and Season Pass featuring all-new content. Explore Croft Manor in the new “Blood Ties” story, then defend it against a zombie invasion in “Lara’s Nightmare”. Survive extreme conditions with a friend in the new online Co-Op Endurance mode, and brave the new “Extreme Survivor” difficulty. Also features an outfit and weapon inspired by Tomb Raider III, and 5 classic Lara skins. Existing DLC will challenge you to explore a new tomb that houses an ancient terror in Baba Yaga: The Temple of the Witch, and combat waves of infected predators in Cold Darkness Awakened.
- KEY FEATURES:
- Lara’s Journey – Lara uncovers an ancient mystery that places her in the cross-hairs of a ruthless organization known as Trinity. As she races to find the secret before Trinity, the trail leads to a myth about the Lost City of Kitezh. Lara knows she must reach the Lost City and its hidden secrets before Trinity. With that, she sets out for Siberia on her first Tomb Raiding expedition.
- Woman vs. Wild – In “Rise of the Tomb Raider,” Lara battles with not only enemies from around the world, but the world itself. Hunt animals to craft weapons and scavenge for rare resources in densely populated ecosystems. You’ll encounter beautifully hostile environments, full of treacherous conditions and unstable landscapes that will require Lara to push her limits to the very edge.
- Guerilla Combat – Use the environment to your advantage, scale trees and dive underwater to avoid or takedown enemies, configure Lara’s gear, weapons, and ammo to suit your play style from stealth to guns blazing, craft explosives on the fly to sow chaos, and wield Lara’s signature combat bows and climbing axe.
- Return to Tomb Raiding – Tombs are back, and they’re bigger and better than ever. In “Rise of the Tomb Raider” you’ll explore huge, awe-inspiring ancient spaces littered with deadly traps, solve dramatic environmental puzzles, and decipher ancient texts to reveal crypts as you take on a world filled with secrets to discover.
Now that we are under the impression that the Shadow of the Tomb Raider launch date is set for September 14, we cannot wait to see what the developers are revealing tomorrow. Keep it tuned to Don’t Feed the Gamers as this story develops, and for other gaming news going on right now, check out the following:
- New Dota Plus Subscription Brings Epic Tools And Rewards To Players
- Final Fantasy VII Remake Development Progress Revealed In New Job Listing
- An Activision Blizzard Battle Royale Game Could Be On The Way
What say you, gamers? Are you excited to see the finale of Lara Croft’s origin story? Do you believe the film is going to break the video game movie curse? Sound off in the comments section below, and be sure to follow DFTG on Twitter for live gaming and entertainment news 24/7!
Eric Garrett2269 Posts
Eric is an editor and writer for Don't Feed the Gamers. When he is not staring at a computer screen filled with text, he is usually staring at a computer screen filled with controllable animations. Today's youth call this gaming. He also likes to shoot things. With a camera, of course.