This Fan-Made StarCraft II Art Re-Imagines The Popular Game As An Anime
The StarCraft franchise has always been near and dear to the hearts of many, despite the endless need to construct additional pylons. Such a high level of popularity tends to spawn fan-made works designed to honor the Blizzard games, and an awesome batch of StarCraft II art from a talented artist does just that, and more.
Popular illustrator AnimatorYu has released a few inspiring pieces of StarCraft II art over on the Inven forums, and the quality of work mixed with the unique art style is drumming up interest for a potential StarCraft anime. With the recent surge in Blizzard-made animated Overwatch shorts there certainly isn’t a stretch in imagining that one day an official StarCraft anime may see the light of day. Check out the artwork below and decide for yourself:
Here is the breakdown of StarCraft II for those unfamiliar with the game:
- Play through sweeping single-player campaigns with a combined total of over 70 missions from Wings of Liberty, Heart of the Swarm, Legacy of the Void and Nova Covert Ops.
- Group up online with other players in Co-Op Commander Mode and play as Raynor, Kerrigan, Artanis, Swann, Zagara, Vorazun or Karax.
- Play a new Co-Op scenario every week as your Commanders gain experience and adapt to an ever-shifting battlefield.
- Command all multiplayer units and begin your ascent of a vast competitive ladder with leagues for every level of play.
- Challenge your foes in any game mode, including ranked, unranked, tournament and custom—all across a steady rotation of battlegrounds.
- As an added bonus, this Campaign Collection also unlocks Artanis in Heroes of the Storm®, a free-to-play game also available from Blizzard Entertainment.
StarCraft II is now available on PC. For those looking for more pylons in their lives, a StarCraft comic mini-series was recently announced that is set for a summer 2018 debut. So, thoughts on the StarCraft II art? Would you like to see a StarCraft anime? Let us know in the comments section below, and as always, stay tuned to Don’t Feed the Gamers for all the latest gaming and entertainment news! Don’t forget to follow DFTG on Twitter for our 24/7 news feed!
Ryan "Cinna" Carrier544 Posts
When he isn't reading and writing, Ryan ponders the mysterious, undocumented relationship between Chocobos and Moogles. He's also the DFTG cinnamon bun.