Star Wars Battlefront 2 Celebration Edition, Rise Of Skywalker Content Revealed
Celebrating two years since its launch, Electronic Arts and DICE reveals Star Wars Battlefront 2: Celebration Edition. It’s a a neat package for Star Wars fans this holiday season, combining past and future DLC and updates.
Available now, the bundle includes Clone Commando, BX Commando Droid, ARC Trooper, and the Droideka – all of which are available for individual purchase for in-game Crystals or Credits as well. Already got the game? All existing players can make the upgrade for $24.99 (USD). Check out the contents:
Star Wars Battlefront 2: The Celebration Edition
- Base Game
- Including all past and upcoming free game updates*** as they release
- More than 25 Hero Appearances
- Including six Legendary Appearances, plus one Appearance each for Rey, Finn, and Kylo Ren inspired by Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, coming December 17
- More than 125 Trooper and Reinforcement Appearances
- More than 100 Hero and Trooper Emotes and Voice Lines
- More than 70 Hero and Trooper Victory Poses.
Then starting December 17th, Star Wars Battlefront 2 will introduce The Rise of Skywalker, a free DLC that adds a brand new location, four additional sequel-era reinforcements, and three heroes – Rey, Finn, and Kylo Ren. Then come January, EA and DICE will introduce two new capital ship – the Resurgent-class Star Destroyer and the Resistance’s MC85. For the complete list of upcoming content with The Rise of Skywalker, see below:
The Rise of Skywalker
- A brand-new jungle planet – that you might have caught a glimpse of in the last trailer for Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker – is coming to Star Wars Battlefront II!
- We’re bringing this planet to Co-Op in December, where you’ll be playing as either the Resistance or First Order as the conflict spreads to this tropical paradise. At the same time, the location will be available in Heroes vs. Villains, too. The sequel era locations Takodana, Jakku, and Starkiller Base will join the Co-Op rotation as well – with all mentioned planets featuring both attack and defend scenarios.
- No less than four additional sequel era reinforcements deploy on the battlefront! Protected by a striking red armor, the Infiltrator class Sith trooper of the First Order excels in speed and advanced weaponry to hunt down and destroy anyone standing in the way.
- An extremely nimble Aerial Reinforcement, the new and overhauled First Order Jet Trooper can fly, dodge, hover, and even tackle opponents with the powerful jets. Use them to your advantage to crush the Resistance from the skies with a grenade-attachment enhanced blaster rifle!
- A new “Gunner” and “Spy” unit will be taking up arms for the Resistance. These are two new alien species from Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker.
Hero Appearances – Finn, Rey, and Kylo Ren
- Hero Appearances for Finn, Rey, and Kylo Ren inspired by Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker are being brought to the game. They’re included for owners of the Star Wars Battlefront II: Celebration Edition or can be purchased separately with Credits or Crystals.
- The new Appearances, Reinforcements, and Co-Op experiences will arrive through an update on December 17. However, you’ll have to wait a little longer to set foot on the new jungle planet – opening up for all players to explore on December 20.
Not too shabby for the next couple months right? What do you think of the Celebration Edition of Star Wars Battlefront 2? Were you expecting a little more “oomph” to the level of content, or is this the perfect package for new players? Let us know what you think in the comments section below or start a conversation on Don’t Feed the Gamers Facebook page. To stay up to date on gaming and entertainment news as it happens, follow us on Twitter! Here are some of our latest:
- Rumor: Horizon Zero Dawn PC Version Leaked (VIDEO)
- The Witcher Netflix Series Releases Epic New Fight Scene, Character Posters
- Bayonetta Remaster Leak Reveals Early 2020 Release Date
- Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey Reveals New Features For Console Release (VIDEO)
Star Wars Battlefront 2 is available now on PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4.
Hoi Duong2000 Posts
Hoi is an elusive figure at DFTG, whose favorite past-times include chillin' in the Fade, reading manga, watching anime, collecting novelty items, and gaming.