Sea of Thieves Kraken Design Is Making Some Players Unhappy (VIDEO)
Now that Rare’s shared-world pirate adventure has been unleashed from its cage, players are taking to the sea to battle it out against others, all while searching for glorious booty. Even though things seem to be sailing along rather smoothly, some players have encountered something that is making them a little unhappy: The Sea of Thieves Kraken design.
Players appear to be enjoying their pirating adventures so far, but those that have encountered the elusive Kraken have been a bit underwhelmed. When approaching the magnificent beast, gamers see the tentacles begin to rise out of the water, turning their worst nightmares into reality. On the other hand, this moment can be considered a joyous one. After all, when pirating through the seas, how awesome would it be to encounter the Kraken? Sure, it likely wouldn’t end well, but what a way to go! Unfortunately, the event goes down in a rather disappointing way. Check it out for yourself:
It would appear that the Sea of Thieves Kraken design left something behind. The tentacles are there doing their thing, but upon further investigation, the beast has no body. Instead, the water around the ship gets a bit darker to imply its presence, but there is nothing actually there. Rare has been very adamant about letting players know that they don’t have a full layout of what will be coming to the game, but it might go without saying (oh, it’s about to be said) that adding a body to the Sea of Thieves Kraken design should be included in those plans.
Sea of Thieves is currently available on PC and Xbox One. Keep it tuned to Don’t Feed the Gamers as we monitor the situation. For the lowdown on what the game is about, here’s what to expect:
“A Shared-World Adventure Game that lets you be the pirate you’ve always dreamed of in a world of danger and discovery. Explore a vast ocean where every sail on the horizon means a ship filled with real players who may be friends or foes. Form a crew and voyage to treasure-filled islands, face legendary creatures and test your mettle in epic ship battles against other pirates.”
- In Sea of Thieves, every sail on the horizon is a crew of real players, but what might their intensions be? Perhaps they’re seeking peaceful parley, plotting to deprive you of your hard-earned plunder or simply itching to enjoy the thrill of a good battle on the high seas. How you choose to respond may mean the difference between resounding triumph and a close-up look at the ocean floor.
- Shared-World Adventure Game created by Rare Ltd. Be the pirates you want to be in a shared world filled with real players.
- It’s your crew VS the world.
- A rich, fantastical world of unspoiled islands, monsters and mythical creatures.
- Sail together on voyages to distant shores on the hunt for riches and renown. Unravel ancient riddles, face off against hordes of monstrous creatures or plunder from other pirate crews – the choice is yours!”
What say you, gamers? Are you less than pleased with the Sea of Thieves Kraken design? Have you encountered this wonderful creature yet? Sound off in the comments section below, and be sure to follow DFTG on Twitter for live gaming and entertainment news 24/7! For other gaming goodness going on right now, check out the following:
Eric Garrett1874 Posts
Eric is an editor and writer for Don't Feed the Gamers. When he is not staring at a computer screen filled with text, he is usually staring at a computer screen filled with controllable animations. Today's youth call this gaming. He also likes to shoot things. With a camera, of course.