Latest Sea of Thieves Patch Notes Allows Players To Open/Close Crews
Rare Ltd recently released a new update to Sea of Thieves on the heels of their content update which added ‘The Hungering Deep’ into the game. In this release, the team focused on helping players manage their crews better when out plundering. Captains will now be able to go into the ‘My Crew’ menu and choose whether they would like to have their crews set to open and allow new sailors to join in on their adventures, or set to closed to lock the current crew – whether someone leaves or not.
Rare also increased players chances of being rewarded with even more valuable rewards as Pirate Legends by taking part in the Athena’s Fortune voyages. Modifying the words of Mel Brooks, “it’s good to be a Pirate Legend.” As always, the developers dedicated much of their time enhancing performance in the game by making tweaks to assist in smoothness in the world. Additionally, they focused on closing as many open issues as possible. So get back out their with your fellow scurvy ridden sea dogs, and “be more pirate!”
Check out the details on release 1.1.1 for Sea of Thieves, via Rare:
- Open / Closed Crew – You can now dynamically change whether your crew is open or closed while out on the seas. This option can be toggled from within the ‘My Crew’ menu.
- Athena’s Fortune Rewards – The chances of finding more valuable rewards have been increased. Pirate Legends and their crews can now expect to see higher rewards when embarking on their Athena’s Fortune voyages.
- Further improvements to frame rate when streaming islands.
- Improvement to frame rate when player is walking or running.
- Multiple server and client crash fixes.
- Washed-up items and messages in bottles have returned to the shorelines once more!
- Dropping Skeleton Fort keys in water will no longer prevent them from being picked up again.
- Athena’s Fortune Bounty Quest skeletons will now correctly spawn on Thieves’ Haven.
If you encounter this issue, please submit a bug report to our Player Support Team with as much detail as possible on your location.
- Players can no longer be voted into the brig before fully spawning onto the server.
- After equipping a weapon from the armoury, aim sensitivity will no longer default to high the first time you aim down the sight.
- When switching between items and weapons, players will see fewer instances of default models appearing for a few seconds whilst the correct equipped model loads.
- Pricing of the rank 4 and 5 Gold Hoarders compasses are now correct.
- It is no longer possible to accidentally select a pirate whilst watching the intro animation.
- The icon for the Rotten Bilge Rat Shirt no longer appears low-quality.
- Player chat indicator can now be toggled from the front end settings menu and within the game.
- Ship lanterns will no longer appear to remain in an upright position, and now follow ship motions.
- The option to lock FPS to 90 no longer appears.
- Some players travel in an unintended direction, when fired from a cannon.
Xbox One: 1.64 GB
Xbox One X: 1.64 GB
Windows 10: 1.57 GB
What do you think about the changes to the latest release of Sea of Thieves? Do you think the ability to open/close crew recruitment while at sea will be useful? Sound off with your thoughts in the comment section below, and don’t forget to check out DFTG on Twitter for gaming and entertainment news live 24/7!
If you enjoyed this article, be sure to check out more from Don’t Feed the Gamers:
- NASA Found Some Cool Shit On Mars, But We’re Pretty Sure DOOM Taught Us That’s Bad
- Dead Or Alive 6 Announced With New Trailer, More Info Coming Soon (VIDEO)
- Super Bomberman R To Feature Original Voice Actors For Master Chief, Ratchet & Clank (VIDEO)
- Overkill’s The Walking Dead Reveals Heather In Action-Packed New Trailer (VIDEO)
Matt Ruppert715 Posts
Navy Veteran with a penchant for the FPS genre, Chewy has all aspects of the gaming community covered. Don't expect to see him on a console any time soon, however - though he has experience in all platforms, the PC Master Race has a firm hold on him.