This Resident Evil 2 Remake Collector’s Edition Comes With A Vintage Typewriter
Video game Collector’s Editions have come a long way in the past few years. Gamers originally could expect some unique packaging, exclusive DLC, perhaps even an interesting bauble or two. Nowadays, developers go all out with their Collector’s Editions, offering fans impressive statues and other products that can often times out-value the games they are packaged with. This newly announced Collector’s Edition for Capcom’s Resident Evil 2 Remake definitely contains some of the latter.
Discovered by PlayStation LifeStyle, Capcom is going all out and offering seriously dedicated fans a Collector’s Edition that comes with a vintage typewriter Bluetooth keyboard. The keyboard retails in the US for roughly $675, and features some impressive features and branding. That said, this particular Collector’s Edition is only available in Japan. For those that are still interested, here is what comes with the keyboard:
- Raccoon Police Station Poster
- A copy of Biohazard RE: 2
- Extra DLC pack product code
- Leon S. Kennedy Statue
- Art book and Soundtrack CD
- Four typewriter ink ribbons (masking tape)
Thankfully the NA/EU Collector’s Edition is no slouch either, offering up a full suite of in-game contents and other cool bonuses. Here’s the full list of contents for the NA/EU Resident Evil 2 Remake Collector’s Edition:
- Full Game
- Special Deluxe Packaging
- Extra DLC Pack Card
- Leon: “Arklay Sheriff”
- Leon: “Noir”
- Claire: “Military”
- Claire: “Noir”
- Claire: “Elza Walker”
- Deluxe Weapon: “Samurai Edge – Albert Model”
- “Original Version” Soundtrack Swap
- An expertly-crafted 12-inch figure of Leon on his first day in his new RPD police uniform, re-created to mirror his in-game design down to the smallest details. A must-have for any Resident Evil fan or collector!
- A 32-page book left behind by Ben Bertolucci, a freelance journalist who makes an appearance in Resident Evil 2. This file contains photos and files documenting events after the Raccoon City tragedy, and was filed away as a highly confidential document by the U.S. government. It’s never been seen by the public… until now.
- A voucher code for a 25-track album featuring new songs from the remake of Resident Evil 2, as well as a selection of arrangements from the original game.
- A diagram reminiscent of blueprints, this poster illustrates how the building was renovated and transformed from a museum to a police facility when work was being done on the building in 1969.
Resident Evil 2 Remake launches for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One on January 25, 2018.
So, thoughts on Japan’s Collector’s Edition? What do you think about that glorious keyboard? Let us know in the comments section below, and as always, stay tuned to Don’t Feed the Gamers for all the latest gaming and entertainment news! Don’t forget to follow DFTG on Twitter for our 24/7 news feed!
Ryan "Cinna" Carrier3026 Posts
Ryan is the Lead Editor for Don't Feed the Gamers. When he isn't writing, Ryan is likely considering yet another playthrough of Final Fantasy IX. He's also the DFTG cinnamon bun.