Nintendo Games Get Real at Universal Studios Super Nintendo World Attraction
Gamers everywhere will be excited to hear that Universal Studios Japan will be getting a major set of attractions that are themed around Nintendo characters and their game universes. Nintendo announced that the upcoming area of the park will be called Super Nintendo World and will be based on many popular Nintendo titles!
— Nintendo of America (@NintendoAmerica) December 12, 2016
The Osaka location will be getting Super Nintendo World first so that the attractions are up and running for the 2020 Olympics in Tokyo, but if you’re in the United States and you’re willing to wait a while, Super Nintendo World will also be coming to the Orlando and Hollywood locations at a later date.
Imagine the fun of stepping into a larger-than-life Nintendo adventure. Gigantic Piranha Plants spring to life. Question blocks, power-ups and more surround you. And Mario and all his friends are there to pull you into a brand-new world.
The new park areas are still in the planning phases and both Universal and Nintendo have been pretty tight-lipped on what we can expect in Super Nintendo World, but it’s pretty clear that Mario will be a central figure and it would be surprising if other prominent Nintendo characters weren’t present as well.
- Nintendo-themed areas are coming to Universal Studios Japan, Universal Orlando Resort, and Universal Studios Hollywood.
- These will be expansive, immersive and interactive. They will be highly themed and authentic environments filled with multiple attractions, shops, and restaurants.
- Guests will feel as if they are playing inside their favorite games – this time in real life.
- There will be something for everyone – regardless of their age or gaming experience level.
- Planning and creative work on these areas are well underway; they will open separately over the next several years.
I personally cannot wait to explore Hyrule Castle or jump in a Starfox fighter. What are some of the Nintendo games that you’d like to explore in real life? Let us know what you think in the comments and don’t forget to bookmark DFTG as your number one gaming news source!
Joshua Hogg73 Posts
Depending on who you ask, Josh's obsession with video games may or may not be entirely healthy. Frequently bankrupting himself to get the next fix, he indiscriminately jumps from game to game, perhaps searching for that perfect title that will leave him eternally satisfied.