Netflix Is Looking To Hire Its Own ‘Associate Witcher’
As we move into the new year, it is important to remember that Netflix, as a company, thinks that it is absolutely hilarious. Recently, Netflix’s list of its top 10 most popular shows of 2019 were announced, revealing that its new show The Witcher had made it onto both its top 10 shows of 2019 and its top 10 most popular series. In partial celebration of the show’s success, it appears that Netflix is now looking to hire its own ‘Associate Witcher’ for security purposes.
As reported by the folks over at Comicbook, Netflix has a new listing up for an ‘Associate Witcher’ over on its official jobs board. Almost everything in the listing references the universe of The Witcher, from the job position’s location of Kaer Morhen all the way down to the reference that accepting a new contract will “void any standing, pending, or ensuing Law of Surprise.” Here are the relevant details:
About the opportunity
- You’ll be one of many witchers responsible for the tracking and removal of all manners of monsters, beasts, demons, rogues, and more.
- Must have your own equipment! A horse, two swords, and a variety of potions are a must, while armors, chains, and other tools are recommended.
- Multitasking will be your normal. You’ll need to be able to carry out your current job while also providing mentorship for a young witcher because you will come to realize that it is your Destiny.
- Great for nature lovers—you will spend a large amount of your working day out of doors.
- We love horse people! If your best friend and trusted therapist growing up was a horse, you will fit right in.
The perfect candidate will
- Hold a four-year degree from an accredited Witcher school or have equivalent life experience
- Be able to lift several hundred pounds overhead repeatedly
- Not be afraid to work independently and spend long periods of time alone; water coolers are few and far between
- Have an innate understanding of the lesser evil and the greater good
- Demonstrate excellent verbal communication skills, knowing how to negotiate with a wide variety of clients; written communication skills are a plus
- Be comfortable with a fast pace in all types of job environments, from city to swamp to forest to mountain
- Maintain flexibility—enough to duck a swinging tentacle or tangle with a ghoul—while being rigid enough to ignore the shouts of a crowd or the magical traps of a wizard
- Agree that the worst monsters are the ones we create
Those interested in applying for the satirical position can find the submission details at the bottom of the job listing. Netflix’s The Witcher is now available through the streaming platform.
So, thoughts on Netflix’s sense of humor? Let us know in the comments section below, and as always, stay tuned to Don’t Feed the Gamers for all the latest gaming and entertainment news! Don’t forget to follow DFTG on Twitter for our 24/7 news feed!
Ryan "Cinna" Carrier3026 Posts
Ryan is the Lead Editor for Don't Feed the Gamers. When he isn't writing, Ryan is likely considering yet another playthrough of Final Fantasy IX. He's also the DFTG cinnamon bun.