Monster Hunter: World PC Update Adds ‘Deviljho’ Monster, New Weapons, And More
Despite early corporate concerns, Capcom’s Monster Hunter: World is off to a roaring start, reinvigorating the franchise with a massive boost to its player base thanks to its release on the Western market. Now, it appears that the PC version of the game is beginning to catch up to its console counterpart, with the release of the first Monster Hunter: World free content update.
Announced in a post over on the Steam website, the update adds in a new monster called the ‘Deviljho,’ essentially an Anjanath who’s had a really bad morning. With the arrival of the new monster, so too comes weapons that can be made with its materials. Players will also be able to craft the Vangis α and β armor sets. Here’s the full list of patch notes:
Monster Hunter: World PC Update
- Added a new monster: Deviljho! (Includes new Deviljho weapons, and the Vangis α and β armor sets.)
Note: Deviljho will invade 6★ quests, 7★ quests, and high rank expeditions once you have completed the investigation for the “??? Rathian” in the main story. After completing certain conditions, you will unlock the Deviljho special assignment.
- Added a new specialized tool: Dragonproof Mantle.
- Added a new costume for The Handler: Astera 3 Star Chef Coat (Downloadable Content).
- Fixed remaining connection issues that were causing excessive error messages.
In the event a host is disconnected from a session, they will be reconnected as long there is a guest remaining in the session.
In the event that you are disconnected from Steam, it will attempt to reconnect and will not display an error message unless the reconnection fails.
- Fixed issues that would slow down processing in certain conditions:
When a large amount of thunder element effects are displayed
When breaking off parts of Bazelgeuse’s back
- Fixed a bug where some players could not exit the Poogie menu when changing their Poogie’s name.
- Fixed a bug where Limited Bounty information would be lost when accessing the bounty list at the Resource Center in offline mode.
- Fixed a bug where the help text for setting Online Sessions to private provided incorrect information.
Before: Make your Online Session invisible to searches. (Players can still join with the ID or via invitations.)
After: Make your Online Session invisible to searches. (Players can still join with the Online Session ID.)
- Fixed an issue in Arabic where the “Groups” guild card title was not consistent with other titles (guild card titles are displayed in English).
The new update is now live and available for download through Steam. Monster Hunter: World is now available for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.
So, thoughts on the latest update? Going to try to take Deviljho down solo, or plan on grouping up with a few friends? Let us know in the comments section below, and as always, stay tuned to Don’t Feed the Gamers for all the latest gaming and entertainment news! Don’t forget to follow DFTG on Twitter for our 24/7 news feed!
Ryan "Cinna" Carrier3025 Posts
Ryan is the Lead Editor for Don't Feed the Gamers. When he isn't writing, Ryan is likely considering yet another playthrough of Final Fantasy IX. He's also the DFTG cinnamon bun.