Latest Minecraft Snapshot Adds Glowing Squids And Lichen
The Caves and Cliffs update was revealed last year and there a great deal of changes lined up for Minecraft in this year alone! The development team have a ton of creative ideas to bring to the game, and most of it will be coming in waves! In the latest snapshot update from Mojang Studios, players can expect brilliants glows from up-close and far away.
The 21w03a update adds glow squids and lichen to Minecraft! Check out the interesting tidbits below:
Minecraft 21w03a Snapshot Update
- Glow Squids
- Glow Squids are well-lit and can be seen from even far distances!
- When killed, glow squids drop glow ink sacs.
- Glow ink sacs can be used on signs to make the text super visible, even at night! Works with colors!
- Craft a glow item frame by combining a glow ink sac with an item frame in a crafting table. Any item in a glow item frame is perfectly illuminated, even at night!
- Use an Ink Sac on a sign to remove the glow effect.
- Axolotls will attack any glow squids they see, so…be careful.
- Glow Lichen
- A dim light source that generates in caves.
- Use shears to pick it up.
- Use bonemeal to spread it along block surfaces.
Would it be considered a hate crime for axolotls to hate glowing squids? No, but sometimes I like to stir the pot for absolutely no good reason.
On top of the brilliantly bright squids and lichen, the 21w03a update makes it possible to craft dripstone blocks from four pointed dripstones. There’s a laundry list of bug fixes as well. For more information on that, check out the notes here. Want to experience the snapshot yourself? With Minecraft: Java Edition, open up the launcher and enable snapshots in the Installations tab and voila! Have fun!
What do you think about the latest Caves and Cliffs related update to Minecraft? Are you ready for more changes to be added? What are you looking forward to the most? Let us know what you think in the comment below or start a conversation on Don’t Feed the Gamers Facebook page. To stay up to date on gaming and entertainment news as it happens, follow us on Twitter! Here are some of our latest:
- Cyberpunk 2077 Is The Biggest Digital Launch Of All Time
- Cyberpunk 2077 Pre- Keanu Johnny Silverhand Concept Art Revealed
- Bugsnax Dev Teases More Content – “We’re Definitely Not Done”
If you enjoy this writer’s work, please consider supporting them by tossing a Ko-fi their way! Every little bit helps and aims to keep DFTG independent and free of bias.
Hoi Duong2090 Posts
Hoi is an elusive figure at DFTG, whose favorite past-times include chillin' in the Fade, reading manga, watching anime, collecting novelty items, and gaming.