The Mind’s Eclipse Is A Hand-Drawn Sci-Fi Adventure Ready To Mess With Your Head (VIDEO)
Some indie titles certainly know how to take gamers on trippy adventures. The Mind’s Eclipse, which recently received a nice little trailer showcasing what players can expect, is no exception to this. While a demo and a few videos have been floating around for some time, the latest footage to arrive happens to also be the announcement trailer. To top that off, a release date is also included.
The Mind’s Eclipse looks just as ominous as it sounds. The black and white hand-drawn art style seems as if it will compliment the “emotional narrative-driven gameplay” very well. If this doesn’t sound intriguing enough, check out the video below, followed by the game’s description:
The CORE, a private research station, 2352. Celebrity scientist Jonathan Campbell awakens to this fallen utopia and must search for his loved ones – with the help of L, a mysterious companion.
The Mind’s Eclipse is a science-fiction visual novel featuring hand-drawn scenes in black and white, and emotional narrative-driven gameplay. Players will uncover the mystery of the Eclipse and its side-narratives by exploring, searching through logs and journals, and piecing together what happened to the CORE whilst searching for Jonathan’s family.
- An interactive fiction in stark black and white, with morally gray characters
- With the help of a mysterious companion, explore a fallen utopia in search for your loved ones and uncover the mystery of the Eclipse
- Piece together what led to the CORE’s fall from journals and chat logs
- No dating? No Problem. Every environment is interactive, pulling the player into a science fiction world worth exploring
- Beware COSy”
This trippy adventure is set to launch on January 25, 2018 for PC(via Steam). Keep it tuned to Don’t Feed the Gamers as this story develops, and for other gaming news, check out the following:
- Capcom Reveals Resident Evil Revelations Amiibo Almost Happened
- New Shadow Of The Colossus Video Shows How Truly Stunning The Upcoming Title Is (VIDEO)
- Gorgeous New Okami HD Trailers Released For Kasugami, Moegami, and Orochi (VIDEO)
What say you, gamers? Are indie titles like The Mind’s Eclipse your cup of tea, or do you prefer a little more action in your video games? Have you had the opportunity to check out the demo yet? Sound off in the comments section below, and be sure to follow DFTG on Twitter for live gaming and entertainment news 24/7!
Eric Garrett2150 Posts
Eric is an editor and writer for Don't Feed the Gamers. When he is not staring at a computer screen filled with text, he is usually staring at a computer screen filled with controllable animations. Today's youth call this gaming. He also likes to shoot things. With a camera, of course.