Microsoft Store Extends Gift Giving To Include PC Titles & All Xbox One Games
Around 6 months ago Microsoft finally implemented the ability to gift games to other players, and now they have expanded on this feature. In the first phase of this rollout, the company only allowed select Xbox One titles to be gifted. Now, the team has expanded the available titles to include all Xbox One games. Additionally, the Microsoft Store will be adding PC titles that are available on their marketplace to be gifted as well.
With this expansion, the Microsoft Store will be able to expand their market over other retailers who only offer specific console or PC gift giving. Additionally, with their expanding list of cross-platform titles, this will allow more friends to play titles together by gifting a game. It’s time to butter your friends up and work on getting some games gifted to you! Well, you could also do the gift giving yourself too…but.
To help you navigate your way through the Microsoft Store, the company provide some helpful information:
Here’s how to start sending digital gifts in the Microsoft Store:
- Head over to the Microsoft Store on Windows 10, on the Xbox One family of devices, or online, navigate to the product that you would like to purchase, select Buy as Gift, and enter the email address of the gift recipient. On Xbox One, you can choose a Gamertag from your list of Xbox Live friends.
- The gift recipient will receive a code for their product along with instructions on how to redeem the code. On Xbox One, gift recipients will receive a system message with a clickable redemption button.
A few things in keep in mind as you’re gifting:
- Gift purchasers can only buy two discounted products – and a total of 10 discounted products – every 14 days. There are no limits for gift purchases made at full price.
- Gifting of Xbox 360 and Xbox original games, pre-orders, free products, and consumable downloadable game content such as virtual currency is not allowed.
- Gift recipients can only redeem gift tokens in the country or region where they were purchased.
What do you think about the inclusion of PC titles being added to gift giving through the Microsoft Store? Are you excited that they opened it the Xbox One titles to include all games in the inventory? Sound off with your thoughts in the comment section below, and don’t forget to check out DFTG on Twitter for gaming and entertainment news live 24/7!
If you enjoyed this article, be sure to check out more from Don’t Feed the Gamers:
Matt Ruppert529 Posts
Navy Veteran with a penchant for the FPS genre, Chewy has all aspects of the gaming community covered. Don't expect to see him on a console any time soon, however - though he has experience in all platforms, the PC Master Race has a firm hold on him.