Harness your Inner Commander Shepard with this New Omni-Blade – Get Yours Right Here
Now is the time to harness your inner Commander Shepard because now you can equip your very own Omni-Blade in real life. ThinkGeek has teamed up with BioWare once more to bring an incredible collectible piece to Mass Effect fans everywhere. Perfect timing, given Andromeda’s impending release.
The gamer’s paradise known as ThinkGeek revealed their latest cosplay piece in a hilarious new video seen below. Sometimes, you just have to Omni-Blade the crap out of someone, we’ve all been there. The piece itself is made out of a transparent orange resin (in which ThinkGeek so adorably jokes “bypassing the hologram problem altogether). The blade attachment switches in and out of placement and is made to fit on the wearer’s right arm (sorry, Lefties). The straps on this piece are also adjustable – which is nice depending on what type of armor you are donning.
Here is a list of all of the product specifications, as per the original ThinkGeek listing:
- Mass Effect Omni-Blade Cosplay Weapon
- Officially-licensed Mass Effect merchandise
- A ThinkGeek creation & exclusive
- Flip-out “blade” – release switch is in the disc above the hand grip
- Intended for right-handed wielders
- Adjustable strap – fits forearms from to 7 1/2 – 14″ circumference
- Materials: Transparent orange K-resin (Omni-Blade) and ABS plastic (stand)
- Omni-Blade – 20 1/2″ long x 7 1/2″ wide x 4″ deep
- On Display Stand – 22 1/2″ tall x 7 1/2″ wide x 6 1/2″ high
- Weight: 3/4 lb. Omni-Blade, 1 lb. with stand
- Includes Omni-Blade and display stand
- Ages 14+
- WARNING: The Omni-Blade replica is NOT a toy.
ThinkGeek reiterates several times that this is not a toy, that the materials used are fragile. “Do not ground punch with this prop. You will break it, and there will still be enemies”. Fair enough.
You can pre-order this beauty (do it fast, it’s a limited time collectible) at the link below and retails for $59.99. You bet your sweet ass almost every single person here got their hands on one. The battle of the Shepards commences! And in case that’s not enough Mass Effect for you, Mass Effect Andromeda will be releasing on the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC on March 21st. Share your favourite Mass Effect memory with us in the comment section below. As our favourite N7 operative said: “Who’s like us? Damn few! And they’re all dead.”
Liana Ruppert578 Posts
With an arguably unhealthy obsession with Mass Effect, Liana has been an avid collector of gaming and comic memorabilia for well over two decades. With a passion for writing, gaming, and comics - she is currently working as Editor-in-Chief for the revival of Prima Games, with previous managing editor experience with several gaming publications including ComicBook.com, The Hollywood Reporter, TwinGalaxies, and other outlets. She is also the Co-Owner and Managing Editor for DFTG. You can find her on Twitter, Instagram, as well as several Facebook communities online.