INSOMNIA: The Ark Blends Bioshock Locales With Fallout Gameplay (VIDEO)
While we’re all waiting with bated breath to see if the rumors about a new Bioshock game are true, us gamers still need something fun to play in the meantime. One such game that appears to have taken a few pages from both Bioshock and the Fallout series is INSOMNIA: The Ark. Developed by Mono Studio, the game is touted as a story-driven RPG that takes place on a “colossal space metropolis.” Check out the trailer for INSOMNIA: The Ark below:
Here is the full breakdown of INSOMNIA: The Ark courtesy of Steam:
“INSOMNIA is a complex story-driven RPG that takes place on a colossal space metropolis brimming with the secrets of a long-gone civilization. Develop your character, explore lovingly handcrafted locations, interact with peculiar NPCs and factions, craft equipment and try to stay alive.
You awaken on Object 6 – a retro-futuristic space station set on a 400-year journey in search of a new home. Stricken with a rare psychological disease, you have to uncover macabre secrets and the truth behind humanity’s journey to the ghost-like Evacuation Point.”
- Search for valuable technology and resources in the confines of Object 6. Pay attention – INSOMNIA’s nuanced world can conceal unexpected quests from treacherous characters, as well as savage enemies and deadly hazards. Hunger, thirst, fatigue and hostile environments will be your main companions throughout this journey.
- Insomnia features both close and ranged combat, as well as destroyable covers. Choose your gear wisely – every armor and weapon type in the game has its own tactical virtues and shortcomings.
- Break free from character classes and unwanted grind with a flexible perk system combined with a huge amount of craftable items and equipment for an experience unique to every player.
- Insomnia offers an intricate, non-linear storyline with ‘points of no return’. Navigate a system of thorny relations with characters and factions and make tough decisions that affect the game world. Each major problem can be solved using a variety of different (and sometimes unexpected) solutions.
- Experience the game’s rich lore through retro-futuristic noir visuals with elements of dieselpunk. Witness man-made apocalyptic landscapes imbued with a dark noir jazz soundtrack and echoes of a decaying civilization.
There is currently no release date for INSOMNIA: The Ark, though it will be making its debut on Steam at some point in 2018.
So, thoughts on INSOMNIA: The Ark? Plan on giving the game a try? Let us know in the comments section below, and as always, stay tuned to Don’t Feed the Gamers for all the latest gaming and entertainment news! Don’t forget to follow DFTG on Twitter for our 24/7 news feed!
Ryan "Cinna" Carrier1498 Posts
Ryan is an editor and writer for Don't Feed the Gamers. When he isn't reading and writing, Ryan is likely considering yet another playthrough of Final Fantasy IX. He's also the DFTG cinnamon bun.