Freddy Krueger Joins Dead By Daylight Killers With New Nightmare On Elm Street DLC (VIDEO)
Dead by Daylight is determined to bring all the childhood scares back into your life and they’re going to be unapologetic about it too. In the latest chapter addition to Behaviour Digital and Starbreeze’s survival-horror game, Freddy Krueger is back with the “A Nightmare on Elm Street” DLC. Whether you get mauled to death with his knife hands, or haunt you at school, he’s ready to punish you wherever you are. Players can expect a new Survivor and map as well, check out the trailer below for an atmospheric introduction:
Freddy’s killer power is “Dream Demon”. Survivors that manage to resist the clutches of slumber won’t be able to see The Nightmare, but once they are targeted, the Dream Transition is inevitable. Once players are forced to enter, all the odds are stacked against them. Auras of the players are revealed, there is an action speed penalty, and the only way to escape is to find “non-sleeping Survivors” and perform the “wake-up action”. His three perks include Fire Up, Remember Me, and Blood Warden.
With a brand new killer added to the roster, there is the addition of another victim. Quentin the Sleepwalker is hell-bent on staying awake at all costs, and it doesn’t matter how many pills or energy drinks he must consume before he allows anything to take him. Alongside the Nightmare on Elm Street chapter is a new map called Badham Preschool. Long since abandoned, “shattered memories” and forgotten toys are what’s left inside the derelict building.
Freddy Krueger and Quentin Smith Perks
- The increased pressure of losing your preys fills you with anger and give you unsuspected motivation. Each time the Survivors complete repairs on a generator, Fire Up grows in power and grants speed bonus to pick ups, drops, pallet breaks, generator breaks and vaults.
- You become obsessed with one survivor. Each time you Hit your Obsession, you increase the opening time of the Exit Gates up to a maximum.
The Obsession is not affected by Remember Me. Only one obsession per match.
- Once per match, once the Gates are opened, hooking a Survivor summons The Entity to block the exits for all Survivors for a limited time. While Blood Warden is active, auras of survivors located within the Exit areas are revealed to you.
- You have a knack for finding medicine. Searches through chests are faster and the noises they cause along with their hearing distances are reduced. Pharmacy guarantees an Emergency Med-Kit on your first completed chest search.
- You watch over your friends even in dire situations. You and your allies within range recover from Exhausted, Hemorrhage, Mangled, Hindered and Blindness status effects faster.
- Unlocks potential in one’s aura reading ability. Once all generators are powered, Exit Gates are revealed to you when within range. While opening the Exit Gates, reveal your aura to other Survivors within range. While Wake Up! is active, you open the Exit Gates faster.
A Nightmare on Elm Street DLC is available now on Steam for 6.99 USD / 9.12 AUD / 5.31 GBP. Are you ready to get hunted down by Freddy Krueger or will you surrender to death? Some say the latter is worst. Feel free to let us know in the comments section below or start a conversation on Don’t Feed the Gamers Facebook page. To stay up to date on gaming news as they happen, follow us on Twitter! Here are some of our latest:
Hoi Duong2131 Posts
Hoi is an elusive figure at DFTG, whose favorite past-times include chillin' in the Fade, reading manga, watching anime, collecting novelty items, and gaming.