Fortnite: The Playground LTM Is Officially Live
When Epic Games first announced their Playground LTM, Fortnite fans were excited to jump right in. After all, it was going to give squads of friends the opportunity to get out there, build until they can’t build anymore, kill their friends (respawns included), and with no pressure whatsoever. Unfortunately, it was taken offline just as quick as it arrived.
Thankfully, the wait is officially over, as Epic has now brought the Playground to Fortnite for all to enjoy. The team recently stated that the reason for pulling the LTM in the first place was a bit of an overload. “So many of you rushed in to create and play that our matchmaking service fell over,” Epic said in a Reddit post. “We’ve since separated the Playground matchmaker from the one that affects the default modes and made large improvements to assist with the number of players.”
After implementing the above changes, the Playground LTM is officially online. Here’s what you can expect from the the new mode:
Playground Limited Time Mode
Playground is a low-pressure environment where friends can let their creativity run wild. Build massive structures. Practice with the weapons and items. Fight against your friends. Have fun!
- You’ll have one hour to create, play and train as you wish. Hop in and try out version 1 of Playground!
- Drop into the Battle Royale map with a squad of friends for an hour
- Friendly Fire is on
- Players respawn on death unless killed by the storm
- The storm doesn’t start closing in for 55m, and takes 5 minutes to close in
- Resources gathered grant 10x the normal rate.
- 100 Llamas will be spawned on the map
- Chests & Ammo Boxes spawn 100% of the time
To learn more about what is happening in Fortnite currently, check out the latest update right here. In the meantime, the game is available on PC, PlayStation 4, Switch, Xbox One, and iOS devices. Keep it tuned to Don’t Feed the Gamers as this story develops, and for other gaming news going on right now, check out the following:
- Fallout 4 Nuka Cola Exclusive Power Armor Statue Available Now
- Kingdom Hearts III Director Opens Up About The End Of The Saga
- NBA 2K19 Cover Athlete Revealed, Release Date Confirmed (VIDEO)
What say you, gamers? Are you excited to get into the Playground and enjoy Fortnite with your friends in a low-pressure game mode? Sound off in the comments section below, and be sure to follow DFTG on Twitter for live gaming and entertainment news 24/7!
Eric Garrett2149 Posts
Eric is an editor and writer for Don't Feed the Gamers. When he is not staring at a computer screen filled with text, he is usually staring at a computer screen filled with controllable animations. Today's youth call this gaming. He also likes to shoot things. With a camera, of course.