A Fortnite Mobile Clone Is Already Available – That Was Quick (VIDEO)
It was recently announced by Epic Games and People Can Fly that popular battle royale game Fortnite would be making its way to mobile devices. Now that registration is open for those wishing to take the action on the go, it looks as if the title has no intention of slowing down anytime soon. That being said, a Fortnite mobile clone has already popped up, and well, that was quick.
Announced by Chinese company NetEase, FortCraft, which…really(?), is the Fortnite mobile clone that is looking to get in on some sweet battle royale action. Featuring “fully destructible environments” and the ability to “arm yourself to the teeth with 12 unique weapons of 5 classes,” FortCraft definitely isn’t playing around when it comes to hopping on this hype train. Check out some of the gameplay below, followed by the title’s description:
1. Massive 16 million m² map fully available at launch with 13 brand fresh environments awaiting for you explorer to discover.
2. Fully destructible environments. Grab your trusty hammer and smash your way through vehicles, trees, buildings, and anything else in your way to collect materials.
3. Build structures on-the-fly in any shape or manner you desire. River in your path? No worries, build yourself a bridge as you cross. High mountains blocking the way? Build a ladder and keep moving. Or build a tower to reach new heights, you may even find a surprise or two. And of course, when it comes to the crunch, a solid fortress will help you get that final win.
4. Arm yourself to the teeth with 12 unique weapons of 5 classes (pistol, shotgun, submachine gun, rifle and sniper rifle). You may also experience the pleasure of destroying your enemies with special weapons such as bazookas, grenade launchers, and flamethrowers.
5. Play your way! There are currently 3 different modes available. Each supports your own customizable interface. Change the UI’s size, position and transparency to create your most comfortable and effective controls. That said, the default setting is also a good choice~
6. Ranked Seasons, Friends, Streams, Looks, Store, Gallery, and Chat functions are all available at launch. There are also some fun secret settings waiting for you to discover.”
There’s no denying the resemblance and the fact that this is clearly a Fortnite mobile clone. However, FortCraft might have a leg up on Fortnite for one simple reason: accessibility. While Epic Games’ title is coming to iOS devices initially, with Android support to come later, FortCraft will start off on both platforms. This will definitely give the NetEase variant an advantage. The clone will also be available to many older devices, whereas Fortnite is sticking to more recent technologies.
FortCraft is now in beta on Android and iOS devices, while players can sign up for the Fortnite Invite Event for iOS right here. Stay tuned to Don’t Feed the Gamers as we keep a watchful eye on the situation, and for other gaming news going on right now, check out the following:
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider Launch Date Leaked, Reveal Coming Tomorrow
- An Activision Blizzard Battle Royale Game Could Be On The Way
- New Prey DLC Teaser Includes A Hidden Message
What say you, gamers? Do you believe the Fortnite mobile clone will gain any traction, or is it destined to fail? Will the availability on more devices give FortCraft the advantage in the long run? Sound off in the comments section below, and be sure to follow DFTG on Twitter for live gaming and entertainment news 24/7!
Eric Garrett2269 Posts
Eric is an editor and writer for Don't Feed the Gamers. When he is not staring at a computer screen filled with text, he is usually staring at a computer screen filled with controllable animations. Today's youth call this gaming. He also likes to shoot things. With a camera, of course.