Shadow of the Tomb Raider Trailer Leaked, Watch it Here (VIDEO)
We received word earlier today that the highly-anticipated third installment of the rebooted Tomb Raider video game series would be receiving some sort of reveal tomorrow. With that news also came a bit of datamining that unveiled the title’s launch date. That being said, someone has now leaked the Shadow of the Tomb Raider trailer online.
With the nature of the beast that is the internet, leaks have become rather commonplace throughout varying industries. While it does give players the opportunity to witness something before an official reveal, footage can often be less than ideal. The same can be said for the Shadow of the Tomb Raider trailer leak, which can be seen below:
As one can see, the conditions are not perfect. Recorded through a phone most likely, we see a grainy and dark clip of what might be on the way tomorrow. The footage itself doesn’t provide much as far as story and whatnot are concerned, but it does look like action will be aplenty. After all, this is meant to be the finale to Lara Croft’s origin story and fans are expecting it go out with a bang. If you aren’t familiar with the first two entries in the rebooted series, you can check out the descriptions below:
- Armed with nothing but her survival instincts, Lara has found her way to the mysterious shores of Raider explores the intense and gritty origin story of Lara Croft and her ascent from a young woman to a hardened survivor. Armed only with raw instincts and the ability to push beyond the limits of human endurance, Lara must fight to unravel the dark history of a forgotten island to escape its relentless hold. Download the Turning Point trailer to see the beginning of Lara’s epic adventure.
- KEY FEATURES:
- A Turning Point: Experience Lara Croft’s intense origin story from a young woman to a hardened survivor.
- An All-New Raiding Experience: Explore a mysterious island filled with environmental puzzles, visceral combat, and tombs to discover.
- Fight to Live: Salvage resources, gain experience, and upgrade Lara’s weapons and tools to survive the island’s hostile inhabitants.
- Survive as a Team: Play a variety of multiplayer modes as Lara’s Shipmates or Yamatai’s Scavengers.
Rise of the Tomb Raider
- Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration includes the base game and Season Pass featuring all-new content. Explore Croft Manor in the new “Blood Ties” story, then defend it against a zombie invasion in “Lara’s Nightmare”. Survive extreme conditions with a friend in the new online Co-Op Endurance mode, and brave the new “Extreme Survivor” difficulty. Also features an outfit and weapon inspired by Tomb Raider III, and 5 classic Lara skins. Existing DLC will challenge you to explore a new tomb that houses an ancient terror in Baba Yaga: The Temple of the Witch, and combat waves of infected predators in Cold Darkness Awakened.
- KEY FEATURES:
- Lara’s Journey – Lara uncovers an ancient mystery that places her in the cross-hairs of a ruthless organization known as Trinity. As she races to find the secret before Trinity, the trail leads to a myth about the Lost City of Kitezh. Lara knows she must reach the Lost City and its hidden secrets before Trinity. With that, she sets out for Siberia on her first Tomb Raiding expedition.
- Woman vs. Wild – In “Rise of the Tomb Raider,” Lara battles with not only enemies from around the world, but the world itself. Hunt animals to craft weapons and scavenge for rare resources in densely populated ecosystems. You’ll encounter beautifully hostile environments, full of treacherous conditions and unstable landscapes that will require Lara to push her limits to the very edge.
- Guerilla Combat – Use the environment to your advantage, scale trees and dive underwater to avoid or takedown enemies, configure Lara’s gear, weapons, and ammo to suit your play style from stealth to guns blazing, craft explosives on the fly to sow chaos, and wield Lara’s signature combat bows and climbing axe.
- Return to Tomb Raiding – Tombs are back, and they’re bigger and better than ever. In “Rise of the Tomb Raider” you’ll explore huge, awe-inspiring ancient spaces littered with deadly traps, solve dramatic environmental puzzles, and decipher ancient texts to reveal crypts as you take on a world filled with secrets to discover.
The footage also seems to confirm the September 14, 2018 launch date for the upcoming game. When the title does release, it will be for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. Keep it tuned to Don’t Feed the Gamers as we continue to monitor this story, and for other gaming news going on right now, check out the following:
- A Fortnite Mobile Clone Is Already Available – That Was Quick (VIDEO)
- Dragon Ball FighterZ Broly Annihilates Goku In New DLC Trailer (VIDEO)
- Crash Bandicoot Developer Announced For Nintendo Switch N. Sane Trilogy Port
What say you, gamers? Are you hoping tomorrow’s reveal is of a longer Shadow of the Tomb Raider trailer than the one above? Do you believe the third entry into the rebooted series will remain on par with the first two games? Sound off in the comments section below, and be sure to follow DFTG on Twitter for live gaming and entertainment news 24/7!
Eric Garrett2269 Posts
Eric is an editor and writer for Don't Feed the Gamers. When he is not staring at a computer screen filled with text, he is usually staring at a computer screen filled with controllable animations. Today's youth call this gaming. He also likes to shoot things. With a camera, of course.