Fortnite Brings Back The Quick-Paced Blitz LTM
The most recent update to be implemented in Fortnite has brought a plethora of fun to the already massively popular title. A new Limited Time Mode brings two teams of 32 players together to fight each other while also facing Cube Monsters, the Heavy AR has arrived to lay waste to anyone who stands between you and that sweet Victory Royale, and the quick-paced Blitz LTM has officially returned.
V6.22 of Fortnite is now live, which means all of the goodies outlined in the patch notes are as well. The popular Blitz LTM is one of two modes brought to Battle Royale, and we’re sure fans are going to have a blast in the shorter matches. For those unaware of what the high-octane action is all about in Blitz, here’s more:
LIMITED TIME MODE: BLITZ!
Blitz is a faster-paced version of Battle Royale. The match begins with the storm moving towards the island, and the delay between each circle is shorter than normal, creating matches that are 15 minutes long or less. The map also has extra loot and resources. Profile Stats count in this mode, so fight hard for the Victory Royale!
- The storm is already moving in at the beginning of the match, choose your landing spot carefully!
- Wait time between storms is significantly shorter than usual; maximum match length is 15 minutes.
- Increased chances of treasure chests spawning from 50-70% to 80-90%.
- Increased chances of ammo boxes spawning from 65-80% to 85-95%.
- Reduced empty floor loot spawn chance from 21.5% to 3.55%
- Resource harvesting amounts increased by 50%.
- Increased materials found on the ground from 20 to 60 per instance.
- Increased number, spawn rate & the descent speed of Supply Drops.
- Increased number of llamas spawned by 4x.
- Removed shopping carts.
With a storm that begins moving in sooner and faster, more loot to acquire, and additional llamas, players will have to get their hustle on in order to claim victory in 15 minutes or less. It may be shorter than normal matches, but it should provide for some glorious action on the battlefield.
Fortnite is currently available on Mac, PC, PlayStation 4, Switch, Xbox One, Android, and iOS devices. Keep it tuned to Don’t Feed the Gamers as this story develops, and for other gaming goodness going on right now, check out the following:
- Agony Developer Announces New Horror Game “Paranoid” (VIDEO)
- Call Of Duty Contest Features A Real Motorcycle Prize And Joy Ride With Josh Duhamel
- Fallout 76 Has Some Incredible Lore Videos, Including Moth Man (VIDEO)
What say you, gamers? Do you enjoy the faster-paced action that the Blitz LTM brings to Fortnite? What other Limited Time Modes are you hoping to see make their return? Sound off in the comments section below, and be sure to follow DFTG on Twitter for live gaming and entertainment news 24/7!
Eric Garrett1660 Posts
Eric is an editor and writer for Don't Feed the Gamers. When he is not staring at a computer screen filled with text, he is usually staring at a computer screen filled with controllable animations. Today's youth call this gaming. He also likes to shoot things. With a camera, of course.