Fallout 76 Leak Reveals Massive Details About the Story (RUMOR)
Since the announcement, fans have been speculating wildly about what might be in store for them in Fallout 76. The announcement spurred a slew of Overwatch memes and hilarious thoughts on the subject. Fans overall may have had some concerns about what the new game might entail, and one Redditor has shared information that may possibly shed light on what is coming to the game.
The post, by LuckyBastardGamging, details what Fallout 76 will be including. While the information seems promising, it is important to take it with a grain of salt as even the poster noted it was a rumor. Below are the details shared on Reddit:
- The game is still an RPG
- Voiced protagonist is optional.
- More dialogue options.
- Proper skills are back.
- There is a major emphasis on “rebuilding” aka settlement building, which a couple of players can partake in doing, or you can go solo and do it, or you can just flat out ignore it.
- Main quest line and yea Bethesda actually listened to Fallout 4’s feedback. They are aiming for a plethora of side quests that aren’t just radiant.
- Since it’s only a few decades after the Great War many people and remnant factions are still around. Many military veterans, police officers, doctors etc.
- Main (personal story) is vault tec focused and an example of a major player in the story is an Irish ghoul who also acts as one of the games 5 companions, this guy is a great character who designed many of the vaults and who was married to Stanislaus Braun’s daughter, but whose work was stolen by Braun and twisted into the vault-tec experiments of which the ghoul feels immense guilt for. He calls Vault 76 the only true example of what his work was intended for.A major antagonist, or ally (depending on choice), is a former US Army Captain who likens himself to Hannibal of Carthage and has giant radiated elephants in his army who he “saved” from a local zoo. His men have no tacky Carthage outfits like Caesar Legion wore romanesque skirts and football padding though.
- More Lovecraftian God worshiping inbred rednecks similar to point lookout.
- No Supermutants.
- But, Harold is in the region and game somehow.
- Yeah, Bethesda is switching the lore up a good bit, precursors to the BOS are somehow in Virginia, even though they originated in California…can’t say I was happy to find that out. It’s pretty lazy.
The main quest is written by Chris Avellone so it should be good. Secondary main quest aka the Faction Wars are written by Emil Pagliarulo as are many of the side quests…
- Oh, and yeah, Skills are back in full force!
This Fallout 76 rumor may prove true in the coming days when Bethesda hits E3. Until then, fans are left to hope and speculate on what might be coming to the latest installment in the franchise. It is also important to note that Chris Avellone has already publicly denied several times that he is not working on the project. This, of course, takes some of the credibility of the information away.
I am not. Am interested to see more about the game, though!
— Chris Avellone (@ChrisAvellone) June 2, 2018
Overall, Fallout 76 definitely has fans talking. In other Fallout news, the long anticipated New California mod has received a release date and new trailer that can be checked out here. Be sure to keep up with Don’t Feed the Gamers as this story continues to unfold.
What rumors revealed so far about Fallout 76 do you hope are true? Join in on the conversation in the comment section below! Don’t forget to follow DFTG on Twitter for live gaming and entertainment news 24/7!
Charles Douglas734 Posts
Deep in the mountains of the south west lives a man who writes game editorials, makes YouTube Videos, and is an overall mega nerd. An avid believer in Unicorns, and your new all star line backer, Number 34, CHARLES DOUGLAAAAAAASSSS!!!!