Dishonored Tabletop RPG Officially Revealed
Despite the Dishonored franchise seemingly having left the spotlight in recent years, the IP itself still has plenty of life left within it. While we wait for a possible third entry in the series, it looks like we’ll have our hands full with a brand new Dishonored tabletop RPG based on the award-winning game.
The news comes by way of UK-based publisher Modiphius, which announced through its Twitter that the company is working on designing a 2d20 RPG based on the Dishonored video game series by Arkane Studios. The announcement is accompanied by a fancy-looking hardcover digest book depicting Emily and Corvo on the cover. Check it out below:
We’re incredibly excited to announce that we’re designing the #Dishonored 2d20 #rpg game based on the BAFTA award-winning video game series by @ArkaneStudios and in partnership with @Bethesda. You can find out more and sign up for news here – https://t.co/bsexnaffT7 pic.twitter.com/ilTdO2UDlk
— Modiphius (@Modiphius) January 22, 2020
There currently isn’t a lot of info regarding the upcoming Dishonored tabletop RPG, though the publisher does break down the 300-page digest book shown above. Here’s what it includes:
- An introduction to the Empire of the Isles, and an in-depth look at its history, its people and the struggles they face.
- A step-by-step guide to play the role of the Protagonists: from grim assassins and rugged criminals, to intrepid explorers and stoic crown loyalists.
- A host of antagonists and a myriad different storyhooks to inspire you, from the harsh, cold lands of Tyvia to sunny Karnaca.
- Insight on the strange nature of the Void, as well as rules to harness the its reality-bending powers.
- “The Oil Trail”, a mini-campaign in four acts that serves as a perfect introduction to the City of Dunwall.
- A streamlined narrative edition of the Modiphius 2d20 game system.
There is currently no listed release window for the Dishonored tabletop RPG.
So, thoughts on the upcoming Dishonored tabletop game? Plan on giving it a try with a few friends? Let us know in the comments section below, and as always, stay tuned to Don’t Feed the Gamers for all the latest gaming and entertainment news! Don’t forget to follow DFTG on Twitter for our 24/7 news feed!
Ryan "Cinna" Carrier2484 Posts
Ryan is the Lead Editor for Don't Feed the Gamers. When he isn't writing, Ryan is likely considering yet another playthrough of Final Fantasy IX. He's also the DFTG cinnamon bun.