Destiny 2: Forsaken’s Gambit Mode Free To Play Next Weekend (VIDEO)
With Bungie’s upcoming Destiny 2: Forsaken expansion less than two weeks away, fans of the popular MMO are looking forward to sinking their collective teeth into the bevy of new features the developer has been promising ever since the expansion was announced earlier this year. Now, Bungie has announced that one of the most highly anticipated pieces of new content – Forsaken’s ‘Gambit Mode’ – is getting a free trial ahead of the expansion’s September 4th release date.
Announced via the above video, Gambit Mode will be available to all Destiny 2 owners for 24 hours on September 1st, beginning at 10AM PDT. For those unfamiliar with what Gambit Mode is, Bungie describes it as “a 4v4 hybrid mode that merges PvE and PvP experiences into an epic battle. It’s a new way to play Destiny 2, offering something for all players to enjoy, appealing to those who thrive on the competition and unpredictable elements of PvP gameplay, while seamlessly blending the collaborative and cooperative elements of PvE.”
Here’s a breakdown of what to expect from the Destiny 2: Forsaken expansion:
Destiny 2: Forsaken
- The Hunt is on – Take justice into your own hands as you venture into a new frontier filled with enemies, allies, untold mysteries, and treasures waiting to be uncovered.
- Suit up in new weapons & gear – Uncover powerful weapons like the all-new Legendary bow and collect new Exotic gear.
- Explore the Awoken homeland – Discover uncharted regions and long-lost secrets as you make your way through the Tangled Shore and into the Dreaming City – Destiny’s largest endgame destination ever.
- Unlock nine new super powers – Each class gains three powerful new subclasses and Supers. Surprise your enemies as a Hunter with Spectral Blades, pulverize them with the Warlock’s Chaos Reach beam, or flatten them with the Titan’s flaming Siege Hammer.
- Hunt Cayde’s killers – In a high-stakes prison escape, Uldren and his eight Barons took out legendary Hunter, Cayde-6, and unleashed chaos across the Reef.
- Play Gambit – Fight. Collect. Bank. Invade. This all-new hybrid 4v4 mode combines the best of PvE and PvP.
Destiny 2: Forsaken launches on September 4 for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.
So, thoughts on Gambit Mode? Plan on giving it a try? Let us know in the comments section below, and as always, stay tuned to Don’t Feed the Gamers for all the latest gaming and entertainment news! Don’t forget to follow DFTG on Twitter for our 24/7 news feed!
Ryan "Cinna" Carrier1687 Posts
Ryan is an editor and writer for Don't Feed the Gamers. When he isn't reading and writing, Ryan is likely considering yet another playthrough of Final Fantasy IX. He's also the DFTG cinnamon bun.