Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Will Have A Battle Pass, But No Loot Boxes
With only a week remaining until Call of Duty fans are able to get their hands on the next installment, excitement is surely at an all-time high. This is especially true after the beta, but to add to the exciting aspects about Modern Warfare, Activision has promised that there will not be any loot boxes. In addition to this, they have detailed the Battle Pass that will be present in the game.
In a recent blog post on the Activision website, they had this to say about Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and its new Battle Pass system:
- We are introducing a new Battle Pass system, not a loot box system.
- All functional content that has an impact on game balance, such as base weapons and attachments, can be unlocked simply by playing the game.
- The new Battle Pass system will allow players to see the content that they are earning or buying. Battle Passes will launch timed to new, post-launch live seasons, so you can unlock cool new Modern Warfare-themed content that matches each season.
- With the new Battle Pass system, players will be able to earn COD Points by playing the game.
- There will be both a Free Stream and a Premium Stream of content in the Battle Pass System in Modern Warfare. New base weapons will be earned through gameplay, simply by playing Modern Warfare. Functional attachments for base weapons can be unlocked through gameplay as well just like in the game’s Beta.
- The Battle Pass and the In-Game Store will feature a variety of cosmetic content that does not impact game balance.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is set to arrive on October 25th for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. Keep it tuned to Don’t Feed the Gamers as this story develops, and for other gaming goodness going on right now, check out the following:
- Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Receives Epic 4K Gameplay Trailer (VIDEO)
- Pokemon Sword And Shield Makes Gigantamax Meowth Look Like Longcat (VIDEO)
- This Fallout 4 Mod Turns Preston Garvey Into A Super Mutant (VIDEO)
What say you, gamers? Are you glad that the Battle Pass system in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare won’t feature any loot boxes? Sound off in the comments section below, and be sure to follow DFTG on Twitter for live gaming and entertainment news 24/7!
Eric Garrett1553 Posts
Eric is an editor and writer for Don't Feed the Gamers. When he is not staring at a computer screen filled with text, he is usually staring at a computer screen filled with controllable animations. Today's youth call this gaming. He also likes to shoot things. With a camera, of course.