This Assassin’s Creed Wine Collection Offers A Perfect Toast To The Iconic Series
“Nothing is true, everything is drinkable” is something an assassin once said while they were deep within their cups. Probably. Anyways, with Assassin’s Creed Odyssey now out and already a contender for Game of the Year, what better way to celebrate than with some official wine? According to a new press release, “Winemaker Lot18 has teamed up with Ubisoft to produce a limited-edition collection of wine based on the mega popular and world-renowned Assassin’s Creed franchise. These bottles make great gifts for fans of the worldwide hit game and film, as well as anyone who enjoys a quality bottle of wine. Each bottle will include a specially designed label, making it the perfect beverage anytime.”
There are six variations of wine, each representing a protagonist from the Assassin’s Creed franchise. So, whether you’re shopping with your favorite assassin in mind or your preferred type of wine, there’s likely something here for you! Here are the six variations along with their descriptions per the press release:
2017 Aveline de Grandpré Appellation Côtes du Rhône Contrôlée
- Just as Aveline is the ultimate social chameleon, this French white blend is infinitely versatile, deftly tackling various food pairings and displaying different characteristics each time. The wine can be buoyant or rich, depending on the match — let it liberate your senses and challenge all that you know.
2017 Arno Dorian Qualitätswein Niederösterreich Zweigelt
- Often misunderstood, Arno struggles with finding his way in the world, despite his pure intentions. Similarly, Zweigelt remains an obscure grape for many, but one sip will show you why it’s so popular in Austria. Vibrant flavors of plum, morello cherry and violet abound, revealing a romantic core that ultimately shines through.
2017 Altaïr Ibn-La’ahad Loire Valley IGP Cabernet Franc
- Displaying impressive finesse and flavors of red currant and savory herbs, this red is the embodiment of Altaïr. The Cabernet Franc grape tends to mature quickly, just as Altaïr became the youngest to obtain the rank of Master Assassin. Take a leap of faith with this dynamic wine and be reformed in your tastes forever.
2015 Bayek of Siwa Spanish Tempranillo
- Only a variety as ancient as Tempranillo, thought to have given rise to Spanish wine as we know it today, could represent the character of Bayek, whose tenets for the Hidden Ones organization are the basis for the Assassin’s Creed. Here’s a ripe, full-bodied and remarkable example that’s as special as an Apple of Eden.
2016 Connor Horse Heaven Hills Cabernet Sauvignon
- Sometimes the most intriguing creations are born from forging the old and the new. Such is the case with this New World take on Cabernet Sauvignon and namesake for the complicated character of Ratonhnhake:ton, aka Connor. Extremely complex, yet pleasing and balanced, this is a wine that has something for everyone.
2015 Ezio Auditore Super Tuscan Red Blend
- Sourced from Ezio’s birthplace of Tuscany, this red is charming and charismatic, like the Renaissance hero himself, displaying flavors of cherry and red plum on the palate. It’s an enchanting Super Tuscan that will make you believe in the enlightened perfection that the Assassins know humans are capable of achieving.
Those looking to purchase any of the wines (or an entire case, we won’t judge) can do so right here. Assassin’s Creed Odyssey is now available for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.
So, thoughts on the Assassin’s Creed wine collection? Which one are you most intrigued by? let us know in the comments section below, and as always, stay tuned to Don’t Feed the Gamers for all the latest gaming and entertainment news! Don’t forget to follow DFTG on Twitter for our 24/7 news feed!
Ryan "Cinna" Carrier2571 Posts
Ryan is the Lead Editor for Don't Feed the Gamers. When he isn't writing, Ryan is likely considering yet another playthrough of Final Fantasy IX. He's also the DFTG cinnamon bun.