ARK Survival Evolved Mobile Game Announced As Free-to-Play (VIDEO)
Fans of the dino survival game can now build and tame on the go with a new ARK Survival Evolved mobile game. Players will be able to explore the isolated island, build homesteads and bases, battle or tame the mighty T-Rex, and much more! To kick off the announcement, Studio Wildcard has released a trailer to reveal the awesomeness!
As seen in the trailer below, the ARK Survival Evolved mobile game will take all of the players’ favorite (and least favorite) features of the beloved multiplayer survival sandbox game and fit it all in their pocket. Whether gamers want to hop on their pterodactyl and fly solo, or team up with friends to take down a rival clan, anything is possible! Check it out for yourself in the video below:
Here is what the studio had to say about the ARK Survival Evolved mobile game:
Choosing from single-player or the persistent online multiplayer, ARK survivors will be stranded on a mysterious island, unarmed and beset with danger on all sides. Craft the tools needed to survive then build bases, and tame one of the amazing dinosaurs and other prehistoric beasts, including gargantuan creatures on a scale never before seen in video games!
ARK: Survival Evolved Mobile Features:
- 80+ Dinosaurs: Use cunning strategy and tactics to tame, train, ride and breed the many dinosaurs and other primeval creatures roaming the dynamic, persistent ecosystems across land, sea, air, and even underground.
- Discover: Unearth rare blueprints and Explorer Notes written by previous human denizens of the ARK from across the millennia, detailing the mysterious island’s creatures and backstory.
- Craft and Build: Using any means necessary – survive, craft weapons, clothes, and items, and build shelters, villages, or even large cities. Plant, Harvest, Build, Level-Up, and Customize everything visually and functionally, including procedurally-generated RPG statistics for creatures, characters, resources, clothing, gear, and weapons, both primitive and modern.
- Play Alone or Team Up to Survive: Team up with, or prey on, up to 50 other players in a large-scale multiplayer online first-person environment, or choose single player mode to test alone your mettle against the dinos.
- Join a Tribe: The ‘Tribe’ system encourages cooperation, by supporting dynamic parties to share resources, XP, and re-spawn points.
Fly a Pterodactyl squadron over the snow-capped mountains, race through the deep jungle with your pack of trained Raptors, tromp through a fortified enemy base along a convoy of gigantic Brontosaurus, or chase down prey on the back of a raging T-Rex. Players will quickly learn that dinosaurs aren’t the only dangerous creatures on the island. Other survivors are organizing rebel tribes to accumulate resources, experience, re-spawn points, and to construct sprawling villages and cities, with technology spanning the primitive stone-age to the modern electric-powered era and beyond. And they will fight to destroy anything they see as a threat.”
The ARK Survival Evolved mobile game is designed just the same as the PC version fans have come to know and love. The title is expected to launch in late spring for iOS and Android devices! The studio is also hosting a beta that fans can register for here!
Will the battery of a phone be able to handle running an ARK app? Join in on the conversation in the comment section below! As always, don’t forget to follow DFTG on Twitter for live gaming and entertainment news 24/7!
Charles Douglas734 Posts
Deep in the mountains of the south west lives a man who writes game editorials, makes YouTube Videos, and is an overall mega nerd. An avid believer in Unicorns, and your new all star line backer, Number 34, CHARLES DOUGLAAAAAAASSSS!!!!