Inspiring ‘Women In Gaming’ Book Now Available For Pre-Order, Details Here
An inspiring new book by Meagan Marie titled ‘Women in Gaming: 100 Professionals of Play’ is now available for pre-order, featuring interviews from 100 of the most influential women in gaming. Published by Prima Games, the new book is a celebration of women’s accomplishments in the video game industry, from pro-gamers all the way up to programmers and high-level executives.
These are just a few of the women featured within the book:
- Ashly Burch: Emmy-winning writer and voice actress.
- Carol Shaw: Early industry programmer, designer, and Industry Icon award recipient.
- Tracy Fullerton: Designer & director of USC Game Innovation Lab.
- Emily Greer: Cofounder & CEO of Kongregate.
- Perrin Kaplan, Former vice president of marketing for Nintendo of America.
- Jane Ng: Senior game artist at Valve.
- Patricia Vance: Longtime ESRB president & founder of the International Age Rating Coaltion.
- Karisma Williams: Xbox & Oculus VR Senior UI/UX Designer.
- Lorraine McLees: Senior Artist at Bungie.
- Rebecca Heineman: Programmer and founding member of Interplay Productions.
Here’s a look at what can be found within the book:
- 100 Professionals of Play: Interviews and Special Features with 100 diverse and prominent women highlighting their impact on the gaming industry in the fields of design, programming, animation, marketing, voiceover, and many more.
- Pro Tips: Practical and anecdotal advice from industry professionals for young adults working toward a career in the video game industry.
- Essays: Short essays covering various topics affecting women in gaming related careers, including “Difficult Women: The Importance of Female Characters Who Go Beyond Being Strong,” “NPC: On Being Unseen in the Game Dev Community,” and “Motherhood and Gaming: How Motherhood Can Help — Not Hurt — a Career.”
- “A Day in the Life of” Features: An inside look at a typical day in the gaming industry across several vocations, including a streamer, a voice actor, and many more.
Women in Gaming: 100 Professionals of Play is now available for pre-order for $24.99, right here. The book will be released on November 6, 2018.
So, thoughts on the upcoming book? What other women in gaming do you hope to see featured? Let us know in the comments section below, and as always, stay tuned to Don’t Feed the Gamers for all the latest gaming and entertainment news! Don’t forget to follow DFTG on Twitter for our 24/7 news feed!
Check out more news highlights from DFTG below:
Ryan "Cinna" Carrier3017 Posts
Ryan is the Lead Editor for Don't Feed the Gamers. When he isn't writing, Ryan is likely considering yet another playthrough of Final Fantasy IX. He's also the DFTG cinnamon bun.