Wendy’s Trolls Fortnite In The Most Delicious Way Possible
Many people on the internet might already be aware, but for those who aren’t, fast food chain Wendy’s is a huge troll. They take to their Twitter on a regular basis, whether it’s to troll other companies or roast others, but their latest target is none other than one of the most popular video games in the world: Fortnite.
The Battle Royale title recently introduced a new Limited Time Mode that pits two teams against one another. Each faction represents a food – Team Pizza and Team Burger. One would think that the real life burger place would side with Durrr Burger, but due to the in-game burger chain’s use of freezers, Wendy’s simply won’t stand for it. Here’s what they had to say:
We never joined #TeamBurger because Durrr Burger is full of freezers and we don’t clown around with the frozen beef.
So now we’ll officially declare #TeamPizza and start the real fight, the war on frozen beef.
— Wendy’s (@Wendys) November 29, 2018
If this weren’t enough, Wendy’s has also been getting their Twitch on recently. They’ve essentially been dropping Greasy and destroying the Durrr Burger restaurant every chance they got. Take that, freezers! They never saw it coming.
If you are unsure what the Limited Time Mode is all about, here’s more:
- An impassable barrier will be spawned along the center of the map for the first several minutes.
- Each team will have an under-construction restaurant near the center of the map. Inside is a giant mascot head representing that team.
- If the mascot head is destroyed, that team loses the match.
- Teams should use the time that the barrier is up to construct a defensive fortress around their restaurant.
- As soon as the barrier lowers… fight to take out the enemy mascot before they destroy yours!
- Special red Supply Drops spawn at the start of the match. These hold a handful of weapons, ammo, consumables, traps and a few hundred metal building materials.
- Players will respawn after 7 seconds when eliminated, keeping their inventory.
- Eliminated players spawn a percentage of their ammo upon elimination, as well as 30/30/60 wood/stone/metal materials.
- 100% extra resources are gained from gathering.
- Building resources found on the ground increased from 20 to 50 per instance.
- No explosive weapons or items are in this mode.
Fortnite is currently available on Mac, PC, PlayStation 4, Switch, Xbox One, Android, and iOS devices. Keep it tuned to Don’t Feed the Gamers as this story develops, and for other gaming goodness going on right now, check out the following:
- Fallout 76 Power Armor Edition Owners Might Be Seeking Legal Action
- Nintendo Responds To ‘Legend Of Zelda: Skyward Sword’ Switch Rumors
- Red Dead Online Beta Progress May Not Transfer To Full Release
What say you, gamers? Do you love it when Wendy’s goes on a trolling spree? Who should be the restaurants next target? Sound off in the comments section below, and be sure to follow DFTG on Twitter for live gaming and entertainment news 24/7!
Eric Garrett2269 Posts
Eric is an editor and writer for Don't Feed the Gamers. When he is not staring at a computer screen filled with text, he is usually staring at a computer screen filled with controllable animations. Today's youth call this gaming. He also likes to shoot things. With a camera, of course.