Fortnite: New Food Fight LTM Features Mascots And One Massive Wall (VIDEO)
If Epic Games has been good at one thing, it is creating new ways in which players enjoy the insanely popular Fortnite. Weekly updates bring fresh goodies to enjoy (weapons, vehicles, etc.) as well as Limited Time Modes that spice up gameplay.
Speaking of which, the latest Fortnite update has added a new LTM to the mix: Food Fight. The company has been asking fans over social media for the past couple days if they prefer Beef Boss or TomatoHead, the in-game skins. It looks like they’ve had a plan all along, as the new LTM pits the two against each other in a rather ridiculously fun way.
Two teams are dropped onto a map that features a massive barrier in the middle. Each faction then has a set amount of time to build up their fort around their respective mascot head. When the timer runs out, the battle begins. First team to have their mascot head destroyed loses the match. Here’s everything laid out by the recent patch notes from Epic:
LIMITED TIME MODE: FOOD FIGHT
The battle of Durrr Burger versus Pizza Pit has begun. Two teams on either side of the map. A huge barrier runs down the middle. Build a fort to protect your restaurant mascot. When the Barrier lowers, destroy the enemy’s mascot to win the match!
- An impassable barrier will be spawned along the center of the map for the first several minutes.
- Each team will have an under-construction restaurant near the center of the map. Inside is a giant mascot head representing that team.
- If the mascot head is destroyed, that team loses the match.
- Teams should use the time that the barrier is up to construct a defensive fortress around their restaurant.
- As soon as the barrier lowers… fight to take out the enemy mascot before they destroy yours!
- Special red Supply Drops spawn at the start of the match. These hold a handful of weapons, ammo, consumables, traps and a few hundred metal building materials.
- Players will respawn after 7 seconds when eliminated, keeping their inventory.
- Eliminated players spawn a percentage of their ammo upon elimination, as well as 30/30/60 wood/stone/metal materials.
- 100% extra resources are gained from gathering.
- Building resources found on the ground increased from 20 to 50 per instance.
- No explosive weapons or items are in this mode.
Fortnite is currently available on Mac, PC, PlayStation 4, Switch, Xbox One, Android, and iOS devices. You can check out the full patch notes from update V6.30 right here. Keep it tuned to Don’t Feed the Gamers as this story develops, and for other gaming goodness going on right now, check out the following:
- This Sephiroth Cosplay Is The Perfect Homage To The One-Winged Angel
- Star Wars Battlefront II Releases Vehicle Images; Obi-Wan Info Drops Next Week
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Was Originally Supposed to Have a 2v2 Co-Op Campaign
What say you, gamers? Are you Team Burger or Team Pizza? Do you enjoy the Limited Time Modes that Epic Games keeps bringing to Fortnite? Sound off in the comments section below, and be sure to follow DFTG on Twitter for live gaming and entertainment news 24/7!
Eric Garrett2155 Posts
Eric is an editor and writer for Don't Feed the Gamers. When he is not staring at a computer screen filled with text, he is usually staring at a computer screen filled with controllable animations. Today's youth call this gaming. He also likes to shoot things. With a camera, of course.