Fatshark Announces Warhammer: Vermintide 2 Alongside Gory Gameplay Trailer (VIDEO)
From the developers of Vermintide comes the sequel Warhammer: Vermintide 2 with all of its bloody, first-person stabby glory. In fact, it’s even “darker, bloodier, and more intense” than before with updated and visually appealing graphics. Though the gameplay may seem like a simple slaughterfest, there’s lot of in-depth content to enjoy. From the five returning heroes of Ubersreik, the Skave, a Heroic Deeds system, 15 careers and much more. For even more details on the game itself, check out the official trailer below featuring pre-alpha gameplay footage for Warhammer: Vermintide 2:
For a taste of what players well-versed in the Warhammer franchise or new, below are just a few features to be expected. There are new additions and old features brought back in to the sequel that anyone can appreciate, including a Spawn Director, matchmaking, loot system, and well-crafted environments. Level up your heroes in order to unlock new talents, abilities, and gear. It will be useful to gain experience as players fight the Warriors of Chaos in The End Times as they have formed a Dark Pact to massacre the likes of mankind.
Warhammer: Vermintide 2 Features
The Heroes Return
- Bardin Goreksson (Ranger / Ironbreaker / Slayer)
- Kerillian (Shade / Locked / Locked)
- Victor Saltzpyre (Bounty Hunter / Locked / Locked)
- Sienna Fuegonasus (Battle Wizard / Locked / Locked)
- Markus Kruber (Foot Knight / Locked / Locked)
Heroic Deeds System
- Experience special scenarios and unique trials through the Heroic Deeds System.These consumable quests will place you in strange new settings, dramatically change the mix of enemies you face, limit the use of weapons and abilities, or give you unusual mission objectives.
- The Keep is our Heroes’ new base of operations. Here you will plan the ongoing war by choosing what missions to partake in as well as try out new weapons, talents, and abilities in the practice room. And for the love of Sigmar, don’t forget to decorate the keep with your battle trophies, showing the world your accomplishments.
- The Skaven Horde
- The Warriors of Chaos
- 20+ enemy types
If you’re looking for a cooperative slaughterfest of a good time mixed in with a bit of strategy here and there, Warhammer: Vermintide 2 has a lot to offer. It is available for pre-order now for PC (via Steam) and is anticipated to release within the first quarter of 2018, which is anywhere between January to March.
Were you a player of the original in 2015? What do you think about the sequel and what it has to offer? Perhaps Fatshark would consider adding more characters. Feel free to let us know in the comments section below or start a conversation on Don’t Feed the Gamers Facebook page. To stay up to date on gaming news as they happen, follow us on Twitter! Here are some of our latest:
Hoi Duong2104 Posts
Hoi is an elusive figure at DFTG, whose favorite past-times include chillin' in the Fade, reading manga, watching anime, collecting novelty items, and gaming.