The Walking Dead: Onslaught VR Game Revealed (VIDEO)
The veritable onslaught of ‘The Walking Dead’ video games appears to be continuing through the rest of 2019 despite some of the rather lukewarm reception some of the other IP’s games have been enjoying. To that end, AMC and developer Survios have announced a new VR game aptly titled The Walking Dead: Onslaught. Arriving in Fall 2019, the new VR game is being touted as an all-new exclusive TWD story. AMC released a trailer for the game’s reveal, which can be seen below:
Here’s some of what to expect from the new game courtesy of the official Steam listing:
STEP INTO AMC’S THE WALKING DEAD
- Fight your fears head-on. The official VR game of AMC’s The Walking Dead, The Walking Dead Onslaught invites players to assume the roles of their favorite survivors from the TV series, struggling against the relentless walker threat while confronting both the horrors and humanity of this apocalyptic new world.
- With TWD Onslaught, AMC and Survios deliver the most immersive The Walking Deadexperience yet.
VISCERAL REAL-MOTION COMBAT
- Onslaught introduces the most visceral combat experience that veteran VR-studio Survios has built to date. Scavenge and wield an arsenal of iconic melee and ranged weapons using real-motion VR mechanics – and experience the variety of their graphic end results.
PROGRESSIVE DISMEMBERMENT SYSTEM
We are progressing VR with interactions between you and an object, offering a variety of end results through multiple thresholds. It’s the most visceral combat experience that Survios has built to date.
- Delimbing: Walker limbs are vulnerable for removal at many joints, including arms, legs and neck
- Carving: Proprietary “gore mesh” creates realistic wounds anywhere on a walker’s body
- Impaling: enemies get impaled and react where they are stabbed
- Context-based physics: varying reactions take place based on context; precise slicing through enemies result in getting stuck, resistance when pulling out weapons and grappling (a challenging technique in VR)
MELEE RESTRAINT SYSTEM
- Walkers can also be grabbed and restrained for precision melee attacks and strategic defense
- Walkers can also be pushed and thrown at other walkers
The Walking Dead: Onslaught launches on VR in Fall 2019, though no consoles have been announced save for PC through Steam.
So, thoughts on the new TWD game? Let us know in the comments section below, and as always, stay tuned to Don’t Feed the Gamers for all the latest gaming and entertainment news! Don’t forget to follow DFTG on Twitter for our 24/7 news feed!
Ryan "Cinna" Carrier2827 Posts
Ryan is the Lead Editor for Don't Feed the Gamers. When he isn't writing, Ryan is likely considering yet another playthrough of Final Fantasy IX. He's also the DFTG cinnamon bun.