The Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset Cinematic Trailer Shows Off A Chaotic, Yet Magical Journey (VIDEO)
The latest expansion for the game set 1000 years before Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls Online, is now live and with it comes a brand new cinematic trailer from Bethesda! Summerset brings fans to the land of the High Elves, but not everything is as peaceful as it appears on the surface. An ancient, secretive order lurks along the edge of society harboring secrets that will coerce a player’s curiosity as well as challenge their skill.
According to Bethesda:
For the first time in history, Queen Ayrenn of the Aldmeri Dominion has decreed that Summerset’s borders are to be opened to foreigners. However, a mysterious threat looms over the island, and Daedric forces have begun to emerge from the shadows. Travel to the island of Summerset, gather your allies, and unravel a conspiracy that threatens all of Tamriel.”
This new Chapter includes:
- A new zone to explore: Summerset
- An epic new story featuring new and returning characters such as Razum-dar
- The Psijic Order guild & Skill Line
- A new crafting system: Jewelry Crafting
- A new 12-player Trial: Cloudrest
- New item sets, collectibles, and styles
Experience an Epic New Story
- An ancient evil plots from the shadows, and Queen Ayrenn needs your help to investigate the rising threat on Summerset and put a stop to it before it can spread to all of Tamriel. As you and your companions investigate, you shall encounter both new and familiar allies, travel all over the Isle of Summerset, and confront a deadly Daedric conspiracy.
Join the Psijic Order
- 350 years ago, the mysterious organization known as the Psijic Order and their island home of Artaeum vanished from the face of Tamriel. In this new Chapter, you can travel to the island’s new location, become a member of their ancient monastic order, and help the Psijics seal destructive time breaches that threaten reality itself!
Craft Your Own Jewelry
- With ESO: Summerset, you’ll be able to create your own custom-made rings and necklaces. Jewelry Crafting Stations can now be found throughout Summerset and the rest of Tamriel, and you’ll be able to acquire specific Jewelry Trait items and materials by completing set activities.
- The city of Cloudrest has gone dark, and Summerset’s gryphon-riding knight protectors, the Welkynar, have vanished. In this 12-player Trial, you and your team must enter the city, battle your way through the shadows, and put a stop to the ancient foe at the heart of its corruption.
The latest expansion since Morrowind brings back a few familiar faces as well, such as our beloved Razum-dar! The PC and Mac version of Summerset is available now, with the console version coming on June 5th. Will you be jumping back into the online world of Tamriel? Sound off with your ESO thoughts and what you’re looking forward to most in the comment section below! Don’t forget to also check out DFTG on Twitter for gaming and entertainment news live 24/7!
Matt Ruppert703 Posts
Navy Veteran with a penchant for the FPS genre, Chewy has all aspects of the gaming community covered. Don't expect to see him on a console any time soon, however - though he has experience in all platforms, the PC Master Race has a firm hold on him.