State of Decay 2 Gets New Community-Based Patch, Plus New Independence DLC
The team over at Undead Labs have deployed a new patch for their beloved State of Decay 2 title, and the latest update targets not only community issues, but quite a few important bugs as well. But patch 2.1 isn’t just about glitches and fine tuning, it also comes bearing new DLC – the perfect way to continue on the Fourth of July festivities.
- The “Purchase” DLC button on Main Menu now works properly for players with new profiles who don’t own any DLC.
- The mission “Builder: Make Your Own Gear” can now be completed if the player has a built-in Machine Shop at their base.
- Characters on the Community screen now re-orient correctly when changes are made to the community.
- Newly selected leaders are now positioned correctly on the Community screen.
- Fixed an issue where sometimes newly recruited community members would overlap or be standing too close to others on the Community screen.
- Characters now properly gain experience in their close combat specialization when fighting with their close combat weapon.
- Characters who have earned at least 1 star in their Gunslinging specialization are now able to snap-aim with the [ A ] button as expected.
- The in-game Independence Pack purchase confirmation banner no longer eagerly pops up with every player session.
- Fixed several missions that occasionally couldn’t be completed due to missing items (such as Lost and Found: Search for the Mace, Eagle Eye: Sniper’s Stash, and the various resource-scavenging Radio Menu missions). These missions should now properly place the necessary items in the world.
As far as the DLC pack goes, “Declare your independence from tyrannical zombie hordes with this exciting array of fiery, flashy new toys for your State of Decay 2 community! The Independence Pack offers three new vehicles perfect for running down zeds on the highway, including the Pyrohawk, the Burninator, and the Meatwagon. You’ll also receive access to a supply drop containing three new patriotic melee weapons, two unique new ranged weapons and piles of single-use fireworks that are perfect for causing general havoc.”
State of Decay 2 is live now for Xbox One and Windows 10 players. The Independence Pack is also available for $4.99!
What are your thoughts on the zombie-filled Microsoft title? What other content are you hoping to see in future updates? Sound off with your thoughts in the comment section below, and don’t forget to hit that follow button on Twitter for gaming and entertainment news live 24/7!
Matt Ruppert715 Posts
Navy Veteran with a penchant for the FPS genre, Chewy has all aspects of the gaming community covered. Don't expect to see him on a console any time soon, however - though he has experience in all platforms, the PC Master Race has a firm hold on him.