Sea of Thieves Launch Trailer Is Here To Show Off Gameplay And The Kraken (VIDEO)
Rare’s upcoming title is looking to be one for the ages. With a bounty of fun having been showcased so far, there’s no telling how excited one could possibly be for such an adventure. With the release less than a week away, the developer has put together and unveiled the official Sea of Thieves launch trailer.
In the video, we see a plethora of good times that are to be had. Using the “Infinite Pirate Generator,” players will be selecting just what their swashbuckling character looks like before taking to the salty seas. Be it alone or with a crew, gamers will have their hands full not only with other players, but also with that pesky Kraken. Check out what’s to come in the Sea of Thieves launch trailer below:
For those not in the know, here’s a bit more about the upcoming title:
Set in a glorious world of exotic islands, hidden treasures and dangers both natural and supernatural, Sea of Thieves immerses you in a new type of multiplayer action. Whether you’re adventuring as a group or sailing solo, you’re bound to encounter other crews – but will they be friends or foes? And how will you respond?
- A world of exploration – Venture out onto a vast, open ocean, uncovering new regions scattered with unspoiled islands and the sunken ships of less agile sailors. You’re free to approach this world and its wealth of challenges however you choose. Sail for the sheer joy of discovery or undertake dramatic voyages, following maps and untangling riddles, learning to expect the unexpected…
- A world of action – When parley is off the table, fight to protect your crew and your gold in ship-to-ship battles with cannon, pistol, blunderbuss and cutlass, pursuing rivals through raging storms. Sail in pursuit of deadly bounties, or ferry cargo through hostile waters. Clash with the skeletal remains of ancient reavers and beware marine menaces that lurk beneath the waves!
- A world of teamwork – Sea of Thieves is as fun to watch and share as it is to play, bringing people together in a world that’s exciting, fun and unpredictable. Whether you’re questing with friends, testing the waters in a smaller ship or matchmaking to find a crew from the terrific community, great memories are easy to make in this world where every sail you see is another crew of real players.
- A world of encounters – This ocean realm is an intriguing blend of ancient and new: pirates from a bygone age, now little more than malignant bones, still guard the gold beneath its sands, even as fresh-faced adventurers set out to forge new legends. You’ll cross paths with settlers too, plying their trades or looking to employ the skills of bold seafarers to further their own agendas.
- A world of legends – On your quest to become a pirate legend you’ll amass loot and hard-earned rewards to adapt your appearance to your own liking. You’ll climb the ranks and boost your reputation until other crews are awed to encounter you out at sea. The stories created through your deeds may even be reflected not just in your own surroundings, but in the wider world’s lore.
Sea of Thieves is set to arrive on March 20th for PC and Xbox One. Keep it tuned to Don’t Feed the Gamers as this story develops, and for other gaming news going on right now, check out the following:
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider Official Teaser Trailer is Here (VIDEO)
- Far Cry 5 Villain May Be Playable In The Future, According to Producer (VIDEO)
- Latest Monster Hunter World Collaboration With Devil May Cry Revealed (VIDEO)
What say you, gamers? Do you plan to gather all of the booty after seeing the Sea of Thieves launch trailer? What about the forthcoming game are you most excited about? Sound off in the comments section below, and be sure to follow DFTG on Twitter for live gaming and entertainment news 24/7!
Eric Garrett2269 Posts
Eric is an editor and writer for Don't Feed the Gamers. When he is not staring at a computer screen filled with text, he is usually staring at a computer screen filled with controllable animations. Today's youth call this gaming. He also likes to shoot things. With a camera, of course.