Rocket League Tournaments Mode Coming Soon With Spring Update (VIDEO)
Last month, PC (via Steam) players got an inside look at what Psyonix is planning for their next biggest update for their “soccar” game with a short-lived beta. This time, they’ve got grand news to share – as their very first “feature update” for their hit title, the team just announced a Rocket League Tournaments mode! In an update arriving this Spring, players will get to create and join tournaments that will host a ranking system as well. Check out the introductions below:
To showcase this upcoming update, the studio decided to hold their very own Rocket League Tournaments game and some of the groups get pretty creative with their outfits. As for creating these custom games, there are a diverse list of settings to manipulate including the game mode, team sizes, mutators, arenas, and much more. Want a larger sized competition or sift out who is allowed to join by rank or by region? All of that can be done.
Additionally, there will be tons of “quality of life” additions that will make the user interface of the core Rocket League game more streamlined. According to game director Corey Davis, there will be such features as item stacking, inventory filters, server connection notifications and icons, and even an in-game music toggle. Check out the entire list below:
Rocket League Spring Update Includes
- Connection Quality Information – New notification icons that will signal the types of online connection issues during online matches to better troubleshoot issues
- Enhanced Garage Options – New item stacking, filtering, searching, and sorting options
- Expanded Team Customization – More shades have been added to the primary color palette for Battle-Cars and players will now have the choice to “Equip to Blue” and “Equip to Orange” for painted car bodies
- Audio Improvements – Crowd audio has been tweaked to better react to saves, goals, and important plays, and the soundtrack will now be available to play during online and offline matches
- Samurai Battle-Car – New Import Battle-Car available as a limited-drop inside the new Triumph Crate
Rocket League Tournaments is expected to debut on April 3rd, 2018. Have you been waiting for this feature for a while? Have you been enjoying the Spring Fever event? Let us know what you think in the comments section below or start a conversation on DFTG Facebook page. To stay up to date on gaming news as it happens, follow us on Twitter! Here’s some of our latest:
Hoi Duong2131 Posts
Hoi is an elusive figure at DFTG, whose favorite past-times include chillin' in the Fade, reading manga, watching anime, collecting novelty items, and gaming.