Red Dead Online Update Adds Hardcore Series, Legendary Bucks, And More
We’ve seen some minor and not so minor setbacks in recent Red Dead Online times after game-breaking glitches made in-game features comically impossible. The Rockstar team decidedly rolled back the update to assess the issues. After all is said and done, the team has another update to bring the community some wild new features. This is what the Red Dead Online community can expect:
Latest Red Dead Online Update Features
- Legendary Mud Runner and Snow Bucks: The fabled Legendary Mud Runner Buck – with its aggressive nature and piebald coat that sets it apart from the more common bucks living nearby – has been spotted in the south of The Heartlands by Flat Iron Lake. The vigilant and fleetfooted Legendary Snow Buck can often be found grazing near the Aurora Basin.
- Gus’ Store: In addition to offering 50% bonus payouts on intact Legendary Buck carcasses and pelts, Gus will be positively thrilled to aid you in crafting either the Mud Runner Coat or the Snow Coat.
- Wildlife Photograph Free Roam Event
- Introducing the Hardcore Series
- New Emotes: Hypnotize, Sniff, Check the Time, Prayer, Cougar Snarl, Coin Bite, and Shrug.
- Bonuses, Offers, & Rewards
Red Dead Online players looking for a challenge may be keen on checking out the Hardcore series – putting your survivability skills to the test. In the coming weeks, players will occasionally see Harcore in the featured series tile with variations in Overrun, Hostile Territory, Most Wanted, and Spoils of War as well. With hardcore, players won’t be able to use ability cards or consumables.
The new wildlife photographer free roam event allows players to photograph animals in their natural habitat. Compete against others to get the highest amount of points and the one that reigns as supreme photographer stands to win “generous RDO$ and experience payouts.” The one to take the top spot gets a nice reward too.
On top of all that, Red Dead Online players that connect their Rockstar Games Social Club account with their Prime Gaming account will receive free rewards as well, including five legendary animal pheromones, 8,000 Naturalist experience, free wilderness camp, and a Katata coat crafted from legendary elk hide. Additionally, there are discont offers on camp dog, tent, vests below rank 15, and additional health cures, special snake oil, special miracle tonic, and special bitters at their lockbox or post office.
The best part about this? The update is available now for all Red Dead Online players on Xbox One, PC, and PlayStation 4.
Despite the recent setbacks of Red Dead Online, what do you think of the latest update to the game? Excited to try out the hardcore series or roam the wilderness as a photographer? Let us know what you think in the comments section below or start a conversation on Don’t Feed the Gamers Facebook page. To stay up to date on gaming and entertainment news as it happens, follow us on Twitter! Here are some of our latest:
- Mario’s 35?! Nintendo Celebrates With New Switch Controllers
- Untitled Goose Game Update Adds Another Goose Because One Wasn’t Bad Enough (VIDEO)
- PlayStation 5 Patent Suggests Liquid Metal Cooling Method
- Cyberpunk 2077 Dev Teases Night City Wire Episode 3
If you enjoy this writer’s work, please consider supporting them by tossing a Ko-fi their way! Every little bit helps and aims to keep DFTG independent and free of bias. Thank you so much for your support.
Hoi Duong2131 Posts
Hoi is an elusive figure at DFTG, whose favorite past-times include chillin' in the Fade, reading manga, watching anime, collecting novelty items, and gaming.