New PUBG Test Server Patch Launches Final Test For Sanhok Map (VIDEO)
After making some more improvements to the Sanhok map, the team behind PUBG have decided to bring it back to the test servers for round 4 of testing. Players can take to the live server today through Monday afternoon to give the new map a test on the experimental servers for science, before they release it to the full version of the game this month. The purpose of the test is to ensure Sanhok is ready to hit the big leagues and have the weight of the player base thrown its way as fans duke it out for that chicken dinner.
The team at Bluehole Studios shared some details about latest PUBG test server update and look at what they have planned ahead:
Sanhok is coming back to the Experimental Server for one last round of testing before the map goes live later in June. We’ve shipped a ton of upgrades to the map since the last time we ran the test servers. Please let us know what’s working and what isn’t so we can make this round of testing count.”
Check out all the details on the new PUBG test server patch, via Steam:
SANHOK TESTING WINDOW
- OPENS: May 31, 7pm PDT / June 1, 4am CEST / June 1, 11am KST
- CLOSES: June 4, 4am PDT / June 4, 1pm CEST / June 4, 8pm KST
- Both TPP and FPP are available in all queues
- NA, EU, AS : Solo/Duo/Squad
- The performance improvements from PC 1.0 Update #14 have been applied to PUBG: Experimental Server as well.
- Improvements have been made to throwables (frag grenades, stun grenades and molotovs)
- For the details, please see PC 1.0 Update #14
- Adjusted item spawn balance.
- Overall item spawn rate increased by 3%.
- Weapon attachment spawn rate increased by 3%.
- Vertical grip, angle grip, thumb grip, half grip, and light grip spawn rates increased by more than double.
- M24 will no longer appear in care packages. It now spawns in the world (see update #14 notes for more details).
- Adjusted bluezone balance.
- Decreased moving speed of the last three bluezones in Sanhok
- Slightly increased waiting time of the dynamic bluezone
- Overall playtime increased by approximately 50 sec
- Increased the wait time of the final circle from 30 to 60 seconds
- For performance reasons, the waiting area before each match starts will be spread out across three locations
- Increased the amount of throwable apples from 10 to 20
- You can now toggle the new HRTF (Head Related Transfer Function) sound feature in the options menu (for opponent’s gunshot sounds only). The feature, which simulates fully three dimensional sound even for two-channel stereo headphones, was explained in greater detail in our dev blog last week.
- Reduced the volume of the care package airplane.
Environmental Set Dressing
- Our towns are showing new signs of life! Towns now have been giving a new pass of environmental set dressing.
- Thai-style rock walls are now spread across the map. These aren’t the final, polished assets, but we wanted to get them in early. Try climbing up them and let us know how you feel about them!
Resort, Cave, and Ruins Improvements
- We’ve added additional set dressing and material work to these areas.
- Removed grenade cooking animation and sound when throwing apples in the starting area before match starts.
- Fixed an issue where apples in the starting area turned black
- Fixed an issue of infinite loading and stuck in black screen when entering the match
- Sometimes in FPP, if the player was vaulting at the time when the game starts, the player doesn’t get on board in the plane and instead flies straight to the final destination of the plane. (Yes, still, again)
- When using the Death Cam, sometimes players disappear or weapons become invisible.
- Sometimes in spectate mode or Death Cam, scopes are visible, but scope mesh isn’t.
- Sometimes other players appear as zombies.
- Sometimes the bluezone indicator on the minimap gets temporarily out of sync.
What do you think about the latest PUBG test server patch? Are you excited to give Sanhok another try and learn all the details on the map before it goes live? Sound off with your thoughts in the comment section below, and don’t forget to check out DFTG on Twitter for gaming and entertainment news live 24/7!
If you enjoyed this article, be sure to check out more from Don’t Feed the Gamers:
Matt Ruppert715 Posts
Navy Veteran with a penchant for the FPS genre, Chewy has all aspects of the gaming community covered. Don't expect to see him on a console any time soon, however - though he has experience in all platforms, the PC Master Race has a firm hold on him.