Project Resistance Reveals New Gameplay, Closed Beta Announced (VIDEO)
Capcom recently showed off a teaser for their new co-op Resident Evil game, titled Project Resistance. Now that Tokyo Game Show is officially underway, we have some gameplay to look at and we know when the closed beta will be taking place.
Project Resistance will see four Survivors team up against one Mastermind as it is an asymmetrical co-op experience, not unlike Left 4 Dead or Dead by Daylight. As can be seen in the gameplay video below, it is going to be quite the tense situation for Survivors as they attempt to avoid the Mastermind’s traps and escape.
In addition to the gameplay video, the Project Resistance closed beta was also announced. It will take place from October 4th until the 7th for those playing on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. If you are looking to sign up for the closed beta, that can be found on the game’s website along with all of the conditions that you will need to meet to sign up.
For a little more on Project Resistance, here’s a breakdown:
“Capcom’s Project Resistance is a new 1 vs. 4 asymmetric online survival horror experience set in the world of Resident Evil. Unleash your inner evil as a cunning Mastermind or join the fight as one of the resourceful Survivors desperately trying to escape every obstacle the Mastermind puts in their way!”
- They secretly kidnap young people for the purpose of data gathering. By forcing these youths into desperate situations, the Mastermind aims to gather valuable research data on how the subjects respond to fear. The Mastermind will not face the Survivors directly. Instead, they observe through the security cameras, setting traps to prevent their escape.
- A group of youths with different backgrounds who were captured by Umbrella for use in its experiments. They only have one objective: escape. Survivors will need to use their unique skills effectively to cover each other and defeat the creatures together. Cooperation and coordination are vital to success.
Project Resistance is currently in development for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. Keep it tuned to Don’t Feed the Gamers as this story develops, and for other gaming goodness going on right now, check out the following:
- New Nintendo Switch Update Adds Alarm Notifications, Online Play Invites Section, And More
- The Walking Dead: The Telltale Definitive Series Is Available Now (VIDEO)
- Rage 2 ‘Rise Of The Ghosts’ Expansion Releases On September 26th
What say you, gamers? Are you ready to jump into Project Resistance? Sound off in the comments section below, and be sure to follow DFTG on Twitter for live gaming and entertainment news 24/7!