Pokemon Sword And Shield Pre-Order Bonuses Revealed
The latest batch of Pokemon games is just a few short days away, and both series newcomers and veterans are chomping at the bit in anticipation, especially given that this is the first mainline Pokemon entry for the Nintendo Switch. Unfortunately, those looking to “catch ’em all” should be warned that pre-ordering both Pokemon Sword and Shield will reward the purchaser with different goodies depending on where they purchase from.
The good news is that for the most part, the available pre-order bonuses are simply cosmetic physical items, and won’t have any bearing on actual gameplay. That said, those excited for the upcoming release of the games may still find themselves leaning one direction versus another, both in choosing which game version they want and figuring out where to pre-order it from. Here’s the list of pre-order bonuses courtesy of Prima Games:
- GameStop – Double-sided wall poster for pre-ordering the double pack
- Walmart – Keychain featuring all three starters for pre-ordering the double pack
- Pokemon Center – Free keychain plush featuring one of the games’ starters
- Amazon – $10 credit for Prime members only for pre-ordering one of the games and Gold Studded Leather Case DLC for pre-ordering the double pack
- Best Buy – $10 credit for My Best Buy members only and collectible coin for pre-ordering the double pack
Pokemon Sword and Shield both release on November 15 for the Nintendo Switch.
So, thoughts on the pre-order bonuses? Which do you plan on purchasing either game from? Let us know in the comments section below, and as always, stay tuned to Don’t Feed the Gamers for all the latest gaming and entertainment news! Don’t forget to follow DFTG on Twitter for our 24/7 news feed!
Check out more news highlights from DFTG below:
Ryan "Cinna" Carrier1848 Posts
Ryan is an editor and writer for Don't Feed the Gamers. When he isn't reading and writing, Ryan is likely considering yet another playthrough of Final Fantasy IX. He's also the DFTG cinnamon bun.